Time Skip: Almost Three Long Years

I paced along the perimeter of my (Uncle's) house, growing more and more agitated by the moment. Times like these make me wish and wish and wish I made a contract with any creature - preferably one that could fly, but beggars cannot be choosers - so I can get somebody - anybody - to help me haul Sasuke back to Konoha. 

I was so caught up with pacing that I did not notice a presence in the room. 

"What's the situation?" 

It was only until I heard Uncle Kakashi's breathless question then I realized he was home. I nearly threw my arms around him and cried in relief, but I wasn't the same girl who's dependent on her 'Kakashi-ojichan' anymore.

Instead, I gave him an overview of what happened. I gibbered on about Sasuke - him not telling me he was going for Orochimaru, that damn bastard Orochimaru, Sakura, Naruto, Shikamaru...

Uncle firmly grabbed my shoulders, trying to calm me down. 

He gave the equipment I laid out a quick once-over before nodding. "Good."

Thus, we set off.

Nearing the Valley of the End, Pakkun's nose quivered.

"There," he said. 

'Hosu no Chakra: Level one.'  At once, I sensed it - the overwhelming chakra of Sasuke, and Naruto. 

"Naruto's chakra," I said, biting my lip. "It's... stronger. Thicker. Exploding."

Uncle clenched his jaw. "The Nine-Tailed Demon Fox."

"You mean-?" 

I knew about Naruto and the Demon before I met him, but Uncle Kakashi and I played dumb. He pretended that I was oblivious to his conversations with the jounin while I pretended not to know anything. I wasn't scared of Naruto or the fact that his body hosted a demon. But to actually hear Uncle talk about the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox in front of me? Terrifying. It was beyond terrifying.

"And Sasuke's?"

"Strong. Very. Too strong."

"Is it like that time in the Forest of Death?"

"No." I frowned. "It's... similar, but greater."

Uncle exhaled deeply, indicating that it was not a good thing.

Suddenly, I felt as if something punched me.

"A-Ah!"

"Mika? What is it? Are you okay? Did you sense it too?"