Itachi Pursuit Mission: The Sharingan

"Alright, Team Seven and Eight," Uncle Kakashi said standing in front of the two fully geared teams. "Another team will be joining us today."

He stepped aside, and on cue, the three of us from Team Eleven came forward and nodded at the two teams. Naruto and Sakura grinned upon seeing us, cheering about more people helping their mission, while Sora shared a smile with Shino.

Earlier in the week, Uncle Kakashi officially recruited us to be part of the Itachi Pursuit Mission, starting off by breaking news of Orochimaru's death by Sasuke's hands.

Obviously, I was happy – the murderer of my parents, dead, and with him out of the picture, Sasuke could come home.

Then Uncle explained to me that it wasn't so easy: Sasuke didn't just want power, he wanted revenge. Revenge against his brother.

"What we feel is that if can find Itachi – seeing that we are trying to disband the Akatsuki – we will be able to find Sasuke as well. It will be killing two birds with one stone. And that's why, Tsunade-sama made the Itachi Pursuit mission official."

And that was how Team Eleven found ourselves standing alongside with Team Seven and Eight at the gates of Konoha, ready to go.

"Team Seven will be under Yamato's command, while the rest will be under mine," Uncle Kakashi instructed.

He turned to us. "Team Eleven, you guys were recruited because you not only possess fine combat skills, but also remarkable tracking abilities. I ask the twins to use their fox transformations, and for Mika to use her kekkei genkai to help tracking."

When we nodded in acknowledgement, Uncle moved on the other two teams, splitting them into smaller sub-teams and pairing each with two ninja hounds.

"Our objective is to track down Sasuke, and to reach Itachi before he does. We will then apprehend both of them and take them back to Konoha. Are we clear, squad?"

"Yes!"

"Alright." With a firm nod, Uncle Kakashi adjusted his headband and turned to the gates. "Let's go."

The gates opened and then we were off.

* * *

A few hours have passed, and we were travelling straight ahead, with me leading.

"It has been hours," Sai murmured. "And we've seen nothing. Are you sure you sensed Sasuke's chakra, Stupid?"

I ignored his 'nickname', channeling all my chakra and following the faint trace of Sasuke's chakra.

"Sai," Uncle Kakashi said. His voice seemed cheerily, but I knew him well enough to know that he was faking it. "Mika is a very skilled tracker, and her kekkei genkai specifically tracks chakra almost without fail. Remember when she found you at Orochimaru's hideout, even when you snuck away from the rest of the team?"