Epilogue: Uncle knows best

My name is Hosu no Mika. I'm a jounin in the Field Tracking Division of Sensors, and I was – and am – part of Team Eleven.

My Uncle is the ex-Hokage, and although the current Hokage, his ex-student, offered him a place in the Hokage Tower, Uncle Kakashi rented a little apartment near the woods, enjoying his "retirement" and occasionally offering his advice as member of the Konoha council.

I had a bumpy and eventful journey growing up, and it wasn't easy getting to where I am, but I'm happy now with my job, my circle of friends, and my relationships.

And recently, I got engaged.

The thought alone made me hum and my heart flutter as I went about making dinner for the night.

That's right – I am the fiancé of the one and only Uchiha Sasuke, someone I had (maybe not so) secretly loved for since a long, long time ago.

I was so caught up in my little state of bliss that I didn't even notice anyone entering the house, until two cool arms wrapped around my waist from behind.

I tensed, tightening my grip on the ladle I was using to stir the tomato sauce for dinner, ready to use it as a weapon.

"It's me," Sasuke's voice murmured in my ear. "I'm home."

"Welcome home," I said, relaxing.

I continued stirring the tomato sauce as Sasuke stayed in his position, embracing me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"So affectionate today?" I teased.

"... you're the annoying one busying about in the kitchen singing and looking like some newlywed," he mumbled. I felt his face heat up against my neck. "... cute..."

I felt my face flush. When he straightened up, I quickly turned and planted a kiss on his cheek.

He looked at me and scowled. "What's that for?"

"Nothing much," I said, turning my attention back to the tomato sauce simmering. "I'm making tomato omurice for dinner tonight – mmm."

He took my chin between his fingers and turned my head back towards him, kissing me.

"Mmf – Sasuke, the sauce..."

He seemed to almost reluctantly release his grip over me. I swiftly finished up my cooking and served the food, and we started eating.

I could almost giggle at how domestic the scene was. It was funny, really – nothing much changed from when we were dating; we still did what we always do, spending time with each other and busying about our daily lives. But the fact that I had a title, as fiancé and soon-to-be wife, made simple tasks like cooking and eating together more... meaningful.