Hito's Plan: The Check and The Celebration

One morning, before leaving the house, Uncle Kakashi took a pair of bells from his cupboard and placed them in his pocket.

I looked at the bells. 'Ah, these bells...'

"New team?" I asked him.

After he shook his head, I asked again, "Then who's the bell test for?"

"Naruto and Sakura."

And that was how I found out about Naruto's arrival home.

"Oh," Sora said when I told her and Sekken about Naruto coming back to the village.

To my dismay, both of them started training instead of wanting to know more.

"Oh come on!" I cried. "Aren't you curious to see how much Naruto grew over two and a half years?"

"You mean he's eight-foot tall now?" Sekken asked with a deadpan expression.

Sora snickered behind her hand.

I sighed, exasperated. "Come on guys! It'll be fun! Don't cha wanna see the effect of Naruto's training with Jiraiya-"

Hideki-sensei cleared his throat at my 'insolence' to my elders.

"... Jiraiya-san? And don't you wanna see Sakura after her training with the one and only Tsunade-sama?"

They sighed, but somehow or other, I managed to convince them to run with me to the Third Training Grounds (Hideki-sensei was more than happy to allow us to leave training early. "Sun's about to go down anyway. See you kiddos tomorrow!")and watch Naruto and Sakura battle Uncle Kakashi.

The three of us chakra jumped past the gates, entering the Training Grounds just in time to see Uncle Kakashi grabbing unto a blond boy wearing a hideous orange tracksuit with his copy pointing a kunai at Uncle's back.

"Heeeeyy!" I cried, waving and running to them.

"Stupid girl," Sora sighed, chasing after me. "Can't you see that they are in the middle of battling?"

"Ah, it's the three of you," Uncle greeted with a smile. "Does Hideki know that you guys are here?"

"Hideki-sensei...?" The blond turned and stared at us. "Team... Eleven?!"

We nodded. "It's been a while, huh, Naruto?"

Naruto had grown considerably taller (he's up to Uncle Kakashi's shoulders now), and even his voice was deeper. He still wore a hideous tracksuit, but at least the colors didn't clash as much as his old tracksuit. My eyes no longer burned as much looking at him.