Chuunin Exams: Weirdos and Cheaters

*edit 18/11/14: combined three chapters and made minor edits; took out some irrelevant parts and added more interactions between other characters.

* * *

I crossed my arms, gripping my arms tighter as genins milled around me. We were in the Academy, trying to register for the chuunin exams. Sora and Daichi walked one step behind me, cool and unaffected by the people.

I wasn't nervous. That's what I kept telling myself. They are just people of my age, just like me. I shouldn't be nervous, I should be like the Kitsune twins.

I turned slightly, looking at the twin blades attached at Sora's waist and that little dagger Daichi always uses. The twin blades were given by Hideki-sensei. He said that in the event in Sora's chakra is still generating, or if she totally runs out of chakra, she could use those blades.

Daichi, however, is a total different story. During a last minute sparring, sensei told me to go against Daichi. I was fighting and fighting, then Daichi took out his little dagger and boom! It turned into this huge sword that could chop off a head. And probably my head.

Of course, I started screaming bloody murder and climbed up the highest tree and refused to back down until the flashy weapon became a little dagger again. 

Sora, being Sora, laughed her head off and found the situation amusing. Daichi had that little smirk plastered over his face. Sensei later told me that Daichi didn't have the Kitsune's kekkei genkai, just his mother's - the ability to use his chakra to manipulate his weapons.

And that's how we are here, attempting to enter the registration room, with two weird shinobis were blocking our way. A girl with buns in her hair was trying to get in and they just shoved her. Now that, I can't stand.

"Hey!" I shouted. "Pick on someone your own size! Have you got no shame?!"

The shinobi I screamed at also gave me a hard shove, causing me to fall flat on my back.

"I'm not your size either!" I shrieked.

I heard Sakura's girly gasp, indicating that Team Seven was present. I quickly scrambled up to my feet, taking a few steps back, edging closer to my teammates.

He started speaking. "It's obvious that it's a genjutsu you've casted. We're not even on the right floor."

I looked around, focusing on my chakra and the room, realizing that it's true. The two shinobi started grinning and became two grown ups, leaving.

Well, that's weird.

Suddenly, a hand tapped my shoulder. Daichi glanced around, and Sora nodded. Producing two kunais from his pocket, he passed one to Sora and to me. Closing both our hands around the kunai, he started speaking.

"Keep these close to you," he said quietly.