The Ending: Rules of Love When You're Dating Uchiha Sasuke

Despite us being an 'official' couple that lived together for some time, I did not publicize our relationship.

Sasuke was an emo – I mean, passive person by nature. I did not want to do anything to make him uncomfortable, so I avoid questions about 'us' to the point of denying them.

Sasuke being Sasuke, he shrugs all questions off and just... emos.

It was a fine afternoon, and I was on patrol duty with Sekken, feeling thoroughly antsy.

"It's okay," Sekken said. "They'll be fine."

A week ago, Team Seven, along with a few ANBUs such as Sora and Sai, and assorted jounins like Ino, left for an infiltration mission. The mission was a way for Konoha to eradicate any lingering forces of evil, and it was also extremely dangerous.

"Sora-nee can protect herself fine," Sekken continued.

His words sent a pang of guilt through my heart. Sora, my teammate and one of my closest friends for over six years... although she was away on the dangerous mission, I was more worried about Sasuke than her.

"Yahoo!" a cry from the distant startled us.

Recognising that to be distinctively Naruto's voice, and sensing the group approaching the gates, Sekken and I quickly made our way there, just in time to greet them as they entered back Konoha very much alive and well.

Sora grinned at us, and Naruto was cheering at how the mission was a success. I locked eyes with Sasuke, relief washing over me when I realised that all his four limbs were intact and that he wasn't (visibly) wounded anywhere.

The urge to hug him was strong, but I resisted. Instead, with my hands firmly by my sides, I smiled. "Welcome home... everyone. Great to see uh, all of you back in one piece."

"All of us?" Sakura raised her eyebrows, sending a side glance to Ino.

"I mean," I said, defensive. "I'm more glad to see Sora. You know, teammates and stuff. But I'm glad that everyone's back. We're all friends here, ha ha ha – "

"Annoying," Sasuke said, walking up to me.

He titled my head up and kissed me, just like that, in front of the rest of the shinobis who were all very much friends with us.

"Oh brother," Sora said, rolling her eyes. "Why am I soo surprised?"

"... he did it more to shut her up than anything," Sekken said.

"So a kiss is not only to express affections," Sai said, sneaking a look at Ino. "It's also to 'shut people up'. I see."

Ino and Sakura shrieked. "I knew it!"