Chuunin Exams: What Do You Mean The Facts Don't Add Up?

Just after Ibiki-sensei explained how the last question was a test of courage and whatnot, a lady with black hair tied up in a ponytail smashed, yes, smashed, her way into the class through the window, looked at the class and sighed.

"Such a huge number! I'll eliminate at least half of them!"

She said she was Anko-sensei, the examiner of the second test: the Forest of Death. She laughed eerily, causing me to have even further doubts about the Forest of Death.

* * *

"........."

'I wasn't nervous', I told myself repeatedly. This was just the Forest of Death. Just me, alone, with my teammates, without Uncle Kakashi, and with other teams that are after our blood.

All the teams that had passed were standing outside the Forest of Death, waiting for the lovely examiner to come about. A bunch of brats - Naruto's friends; one of them was Konohamaru - that were still playing ninja in the Academy, were happily interviewing Team Seven.

Konohamaru interviewed Naruto who started shouting and giving his fantasy occurrence of the exam. Sakura tried to be professional to that little girl, talking about techniques, but only focusing on Sasuke-kun and Uncle Kakashi. Sasuke turned to the other boy, talking about the abilities of the other genins in other teams.

"... Of course, I am better than them-"

"You left out that team," the boy said, pointing to my team.

Sasuke looked at us before scoffing. "... They're not weak, I admit."

Sora smirked.

"... But they're too proud. The Kitsunes keep to themselves and as for the other girl... Well, with her temper, one of these days she will find herself dead."

Marching up to Sasuke, I cracked my knuckles and cleared my throat. The little Academy brats cowered away. Sasuke calmly raised an eyebrow.

But instead of doing anything else, I hugged him.

'So this is what it feels like to hug someone your age.' I thought to myself. 'This is quite nice.'

"Told you," Sora mumbled to Daichi.

"O-Oi!" Sasuke said, almost stumbling over his words. He struggled, trying to shake me away. "H-hey! Hatake!"

"... Hatake?" Daichi frowned, placing his hand on his chin.

"Get o-off me!"

I smiled, leaning my head against the crook of his flushed neck. He stopped struggling and stayed there grudgingly, scowl upon his face with this adorable little flush across his face.