Greetings

There was not so much she could see, it was blurry, she knew it was a dream, after all, it was too good to be true, too pretty and happy, too perfect.

She opened her eyes really fast and woke up like from a nightmare, her breathing was fast and her eyes started to fill with tears. She looked around her without moving her body, she found herself in a bedroom with blue wallpaper, it was all messy, the meaning that the invasion was real and she was definitely dreaming a few moments ago. She started touching her face quickly and then some parts of her body, to somehow make sure she was real and alive, but then more tears started to came down and her breathing had not calm down yet , you couldn't say if the tears were from joy, or just because she was sad that what she was dreaming of was suddenly gone.

She was on a real bed with some real dirty blankets on, she tried to pull herself up to sit down, but the second she tried, pain starting coming from her chest, making her gasp.

-Ben: I wouldn't do that.

She turned to her left quickly, more scared than she was before, she saw a guy that she had never seen before, He was tall, blonde and with green eyes, but it didn't calm her down the fact that he was looking the same age as her, and the fact that he seemed so ordinary, she was still pretty nervous about it, Ben could swear that she was looking at him the same way you would look an alien.

-Girl: Who are you?

-Ben: I'm Ben Mason, I helped you, you were pretty bad injured, i'm not a doctor but i tried my best, at least until you can see Dr. Glass she will...

-Girl: You saved me?

The girl looked so surprised, that make Ben be surprised of her expression, like it was weird that between this war against aliens, a human wouldn't help another human.

-Ben: Umm... Yeah?

-Girl: Why?

-Ben: Because... you needed help, i told you, you had a pretty bad inj...

-Girl: And suddenly you touched your human heart to help a girl who was dying?

-Ben: Amm.. I'm not following.

Ben was as confused as he was when he find out about his powers. The girl was looking shocked and scared, she had been asleep for 12 hours so he could somehow understand her confusion.

-Ben: What's your name?

-Girl: What do you care?

The moment she said that, she saw the looked of disappointment on Ben's eyes and she noticed she was been really mean.

-Girl: I'm Charlotte Samuels.

Ben changed the look on his face by giving Charlotte a small smile.

-Ben: Good, umm.. Nice to meet you, well, under the circumstances.

-Charlotte: Right. So..  you.. umm, heal me?

-Ben: Yeah, you had a really bad scratch on your chest, and a bullet touched your leg, luckily the bullet  didn't make a lot of damage , but i told you i will take you to Dr. Glass so she can help you better.

-Charlotte: Take me where?

-Ben: Well, i think in a day or two i will bring you back to camp, it's south here, there's so many people, you'll be fine, i still need you to rest a little bit so you can walk you know?

Charlotte nodded, the tears were dry now but they left a mark that they had been there, her eyes were red and her cheeks were wet. Ben understood the reason why she was scared, and he couldn't help feeling bad for her , wishing he can do something about it, but he wasn't going to lie, the world was different and scarier.

-Ben: Ok, so.. I'm going to check out the perimeter to see if we can stay one more night here, i'll bring you food when i get back, just don't move, I mean, it will hurt really bad.

-Charlotte: Ok.

Ben was turning around to the door.

-Charlotte: Ben?

Ben turned around to face Charlotte, it was something about that look he gave making her feel safe, but she didn't know him, and they were in the middle of a war.

-Charlotte: Thank you.. for saving me.

-Ben: It was nothing.

Ben gave  her a big and warm smile before turning around to leave the room, that felt comforting for Charlotte, but just a few moments later, she noticed two spikes on Ben's neck, there were this weird things that didn't looked human at all, making Charlotte loose her trust and start to being scared again. Still, she didn't panic and left Ben leave to check the perimeter. It was for sure now, that Charlotte couldn't trust him.