The Wait

He was angry, he was going to wait for hours, but that was not what made him angry, the rage inside of him grew in the moment he left Charlotte on the room, alone and bleeding. It was all fault of him, and the stupid aliens, and the stupid red eye. If the red eye hadn't played with his mind, Charlie would have been fine, or at least better.

He was angry with himself, with the camp, with Charlotte, with Anne, Hal, Maggie, his father. And since the spikes made him have the feelings more stronger he couldn't contain it any longer; He went to a room full with lockers, it was like a guys dressing room, he was walking in circles fast with the blood heating his head, his system. Two guys entered to locker room, they were part of the army, in their 20's and completely against aliens. That meaning completely against Ben spikes, completely against Ben being there.

-Guy: Oh! it's the freaky guy back at it at camp.

-Ben: Shut up!

Ben said it louder, but at the same time trying to control himself, he knew his anger was too much, he meant to give all of that only to the aliens, even if he hated those guys.

-Guy: What are you going to do about it big guy? uh? You are going to call your friends the aliens?

-Ben: You are going to regret it.

-Guy: Oh yeah? i bet you inside alien hurt that poor girl.

They guy was pushing Ben by his shoulders, slowly, making him more angry.

-Ben: Don't touch me!

-Guy: Or..?

The guy push him one more time slowly, tempting him, with his other friend on his back laughing, being an accomplice of the joke. But Ben couldn't hold his anger any longer.

He put one hand on the first guy head ,the one who was talking to him, and crush it to the mirror in front of them, making the mirror shattered and the guy's head bleed, then the other guy try to defend his friend, but because of Ben strength, he easily grabbed the guy by his arm making him roll on the air and pushing him hard on the floor. They were both now unconscious, and the anger left on Ben system was still too much, so he push all of the lockers, and made a whole mess in that room.

Hal heard the scandal, but not only him, a lot of people did . When they entered to check and saw the mess, Hal noticed his brother sitting on a corner of the room, with his hands on his eyes, sobbing.

Hal got closer to his brother.

-Hal: Ben?

Ben looked up to face his brother, but he also saw the mess, and he saw everyone eyes judging him.

-Ben: I...

His face was covered in tears, the tears he was trying to not let out.

-Hal: Come on, Let's get you out of here!

********

-Ben: I don't  know what happened.

Ben and Hal were outside, looking at the stars in a place inside camp where no one could bother them.

-Hal: You defended yourself.

-Ben: But it's wrong Hal.

Hal turned to see his brother, the look on Ben was full of regret, and you could see he was hiding something, even if the tears were already gone, Hal could see there were still much more tears hidden inside of him.

-Hal: I guess you really love her.

-Ben: If you want to make sure i'm over Maggie...

-Hal: That theme is left behind, Ben!  And i didn't mean that, i care about my younger brother who has been acting different since we saved him.

-Ben: Don't expect me to be the same Hal.

-Hal: I know, but... We both changed,  tell me what's wrong.

-Ben: I know we, the camp, is fighting against aliens, that's why they call it the resistance. But my war is different, you wouldn't get it.

-Hal: What do you mean your war? We are all in the same one.

-Ben: No, they have something against us, The Masons. And they used me, not you, or Matt or dad, they killed mom in front of me, one skitter in particular. I lied to you, i was on my way to get revenge, to start my own war. My anger, as you can see, is too much Hal, i have more strength that any other human being and i can use that, to avenge mom... to avenge me.

-Hal: You don't have to do this alone.

-Ben: No i do! You're my brother, and i love you, but it's something i have to do for my self, you just need to trust me. ... Well something i had to do. I'm not sure now.

-Hal: Had?    The girl...

-Ben: Charlotte... she appeared just on my way to maybe get so lost in my revenge, in my anger.

-Hal: I know the feeling, Bro.

-Ben: Hal... I'm so sorry for what i did to you and Maggie before, You're more important.

-Hal: It's all in the past, after all we are family. But.. about your revenge, if you are planning on leaving that behind because of her, then i guess it's totally special.

-Ben: It is. She is.

Maggie showed up, with her blonde hair and her typical guns on her jacket, she was a badass, after the incident, the three of them treated each other still with so much love.

-Maggie: Ben! She is out now. She is going to be ok.

The look on Ben's face lit up with joy on a second, the thought of Charlie on his mind, was the only thing that kept him sane and happy somehow, after all the pain it was what he deserved, that's what the stars said.

Ben stood up, heading to the nursery room, but before he could be too far, and after a long observation Hal made to his brother.

-Hal: Ben!

Ben turned around.

-Hal: I do trust you. Whatever choice you make.

Ben smiled to his older brother, as Hal did the same thing, they did loved each other.

*******

Ben was sitting next to the bed where Charlie was sleeping on, after the whole process that Dr. Glass made, she was fine, she was going to get better.

Charlotte opened her eyes slowly, and the first thing she saw, was him. Ben.

-Ben: Hey.

Ben gave her a warm smile, just as she did the same.

-Charlie: Hey.