On my Way to You

Ben was far now, he didn't rest during the night, he was afraid to miss at least a second of time to find her. He wasn't far enough, though he didn't knew where he was planning to go, he had a clue; that time he was connected with the red eye  he saw his location, and that was his target. He was taking a leap of faith, and he was letting his feelings lead the way, he knew that was the best way to get her.

Ben took another path , so he didn't have to face the ruins of the old camp, reminding him the last time he saw her.

He still tortured himself, feeling guilty for her to be in the middle of the trouble, guilty about the camp being destroyed and the resistance separated because everything had been a plan against him, Why does his family was so important? Important enough to the aliens having them specific as their enemy. He was going to figure that out, and he was going to remove  one of the enemies.

He was using roads this time, roads next to some forest so he could have the opportunity to hide; but there was also the point of being seen, he needed them to come after him.

It didn't take long for the aliens to appear. Ben felt that he had been followed for some time now and he was wondering what was taking them so long to attack him, he was alone, his gun was hidden. Did the red eye made Ben untouchable now that he knew Ben wanted to die? Well, little did he know now, Ben was hungry, in the need of killing some aliens, he have let His anger grow and take control over him, to fulfill his purpose, his many purposes.

He was standing in the middle of the road, he stop moving, his hand was close to take his gun out, he was looking straight, waiting for them, trying to make them believe he wasn't paying attention, make them believe that this was their moment to attack.

Few minutes passed and no one was coming out, he was still waiting patiently, but he was starting to get bored.

-Ben: Aren't you coming out? Are you actually so scared? I don't know what he told you, but, wouldn't be better if you figure that out for yourselves? C'mon, give it  shot. You might win.

He was looking around him, saying this last line to wherever they were, but Ben already knew.

Then 8 skitters came from the road he  already had been on, walking fast and angry, so Ben gave them a smile.

He pointed with his gun to one of them, shooting him on his legs, and then he shot the next one on his legs as well; he didn't kill those two, he put them in pain and without  having the opportunity to move. He put his other gun out,  pointing to the one who was close enough and killing him with a shot on his head.Ben was moving fast, and he started walking toward them, he saved his guns taking out his small knife, being close to them make his anger happy and made him almost insane, he wanted to feel their blood on his hands.

He was surrounded by them, he killed one with his knife placing it on his throat, that was one of his favorite ways to kill them, he started cutting the rest, but they were almost on top of him, scratching him, Ben was strong enough to hit one away from the circle they were.

Three left, right in front him, Ben was facing them with a big smile on his face, gasping and he wasn't even tired at all, from an outside point of view, you could felt this was his favorite sport, and he was definitely good at it.

-Ben: I guess, you actually can't win.

Then the sound of three shots filled the place, those three shots blew the heads of the aliens in front of him. Ben was confused and a little mad, the opportunity of him killing these last three with his own hands was gone , but then he noticed behind the bodies a girl,  she was tall, with blond and curly hair, her eyes were brown, in a light kind of brown. She was wearing what seemed like a military uniform, but it was all black and she had a rifle on her hands, and she seemed a little bit more older than him. She was standing there smiling at Ben.

-Girl: You were having fun by yourself,  how selfish.

And then he noticed something you don't see at first sight, she had spikes on her back, just like Ben.

-Girl: Next time you send me and invitation so i can get in time.