Freak

There was something about those green eyes, the way they stand out on her skin, Ben couldn't stop thinking about her, and also the way she woke up, he definitely understood her fears and he was glad that in a way she haven't saw his spikes, at least as far as he knew.

Ben was coming back to the house from his watch, and the whole way back he kept thinking about Charlotte, about how maybe he could called her Charlie, or how she was making Ben nervous, but he didn't know how to feel, because with one look at her, for a moment, Ben completely forgot about the world out there and the invasion, but most importantly, he forgot about his revenge.

No. He needed to stay focused, he was going to take Charlotte to camp so her injuries will be checked and then he was sticking with his plan of going after the red eye. No distractions, even if she make him feel calm and human, and normal.

When Ben entered to the house he found Charlotte at the entrance lying on the floor, crying with her leg bleeding out. Ben couldn't help feeling confused and scared about the scene he was watching, but his reaction was fast and natural.

-Ben: Oh my God, Charlotte!!

Ben run to the girl, and he picked her up as fast as he could, but Charlotte was so nervous and so crazy, she was still crying and shouting.

-Charlotte: PUT ME DOWN!!! PUT ME DOWN NOWW!

This made Ben feel more confused, but he didn't wanted to make any trouble, all he wanted was to her to calm down, so Ben put Charlotte on the couch of that old and ruined living room. Charlotte was even worse, she was crying and shaking and whispering to her self the worlds  "No, no, no"

-Ben: Charlotte your leg!! please let me help you.

Ben tried to touched her , he didn't even walked a millimeter close to her, but he tried.

-Charlotte: Don't come any closer! Get away!!

-Ben: I'm trying to help you! Please calm down.

-Charlotte: I can't!! you're a liar!

Charlotte was Hysteric.

-Ben: What are you talking about?

-Charlotte: Whyy? why? i need to go - Charlotte said to herself out loud, in a whisper kind of way.

-Ben: Charlotte? Charlotte please let me help you.

Ben put himself in a squatting way, and for the first time in this whole conversation, Charlotte looked to Ben's eyes. Her eyes were teary, and still some tears were running through her cheeks, her expression was of wonder and Ben felt a kind of deep disgust that she had toward him.

-Charlotte: I can't even trust you!! why would you even try to keep me alive?! so you could deliver me to the aliens?!

Ben's reaction was of disappointment, he knew exactly what she was talking about.

-Ben: You saw the spikes... great, fine i'm a total freak! go ahead, but don't think for a second that i work with them.

She could felt the anger on Ben's voice, and she stayed quite and calm and she was wondering about the whole situation.

-Charlotte: What is that on your back?!

Ben put his look back to her.

-Ben: In a way i'm marked forever, you have no idea how much i hate it.. thought, they gave me some skills, that's the only good thing.

They both stared to each other for a minute, they lost in each others green eyes.

-Ben: Charlotte, you can trust me, i promise, now let me cure you and bring you back upstairs, and i promise i will tell you what this spikes are and how i got them once your in that bed.

Charlotte stayed quiet , but agreed. Ben took out some bandages he had on his backpack and some alcohol, he pour some on the injure and then he bandaged the leg, of course when he poured the alcohol, Charlotte couldn't help letting a scream came out of her system.

He took her upstairs and put on her and extra blanket he found around the house, she was calmer and she was looking at him with wonder. When Ben noticed, he gave her a smile, an honest smile. He stayed quiet for a while.

-Ben: I was.. on a Harness, for a long long time, i just don't remember that much you know? The skitters were.. controlling me, making me do stuff for them, stuff i didn't want it to. My family rescued me, and somehow they.. well the camp and Dr. Glass found a way to take them out without killing the host. They didn't only saved me, there were more kids.. like a group, for must of them the spikes went off for a couple a days or even hours, for me well... i guess by now i will have them forever. You can't imagine the hate i have for them, i will never work for them ever again! I know it looks disgusting and I'm total freak, and..

-Charlotte: Hey! don't say that... I'm sorry, i was just scared you know? I.. judge you to quickly, you are not a freak Ben.

-Ben: The irony- They smiled- Amm, well, the spikes had gave me kind of abilities, I heal faster, or run faster, or hear from distance, I used to wear glasses you know? I used to have asthma, i've changed, I'm not longer that kid, and it's not even because of the powers... they just changed me inside too. I kind of feel weird the whole time, i do believe I'm a freak Charlie.

Ben was serious, and you could noticed a sadness on his voice, Charlotte noticed it, but what brought a smile to her face was that it was the first time in her 15 years , that someone named her Charlie, and in a way, she loved he did.

-Charlotte: You're lucky your family saved you, and you're even more lucky to be alive.. i lost my sister trying to take that thing off her.

-Ben: I'm sorry.

-Charlotte: No, I am Ben, i guess, i didn't noticed how lucky i was to be saved by Ben Mason.

-Ben: Yeah, i guess.

They both laughed, and their laughed was so pure and genuine, they stared to each other.

-Ben: Now I'm going for the food.

-Charlotte: Wait, just.. stay for a little while, so i can calm down, i was out of my nerves.

Charlotte said it smiling, and Ben could felt her honesty through her words.

-Ben: Ok... You kind of where though!

They laughed and Ben came closer to the Bed, grabbing her hand for the first time.For both of them, the action was so electric and fantastic, it felt so good and natural, they were both glad that in the middle of the chaos and the war, they were lucky enough to run to each other.