A Most Peculiar Planet

"Lance!" Shiro shouted from behind him.

"What is it now?"

"Suit up!"

Lance noticed Pidge running in the other direction to get in uniform. Lance, however, just made the connection that slippers were not proper foot attire for Keith hunting. Lance cursed under his breath and ran back the way he came.
___________________________

"We found him! Or the escape pod at least." Coran called just as Lance stepped into the control room.
Lance sprinted to where Coran stood.

"Where?" He asked a bit too eagerly. He cleared his throat to try again. "Where is he?"

"He's not far." Coran pointed to a small shape on the coordinates. "He stopped here on this planet."

"Are there any inhabitants on the planet that could be a potential threat?" Shiro asked.

"As far as we know, the planet has a fair amount of vegetation but I am not aware of any life other than small reptiles and mammals living there." Allura replied, typing away at the keyboard to zero in on the planet in question.

"It's on odd sort of planet. All water sources are located underground. The plants' roots dig deep into the very core. Now isn't that interesting?" Coran added.

"Yes, that's great but what does that have to do with finding Keith?" Hunk cut in.

"Well, you see. Despite the vegetation, this planet is more desert than rainforest. High temperatures and lack of hydration will make for quite the struggle out there. And the fact that Keith is already feverish--" Coran explained.

"Okay, got it. We just need to find him and bring him back. Simple."

"Actually, Lance. It won't be that easy. See this?" Allura pointed to a selection of palm-treelike plants with speckled leaves.

"What is that?" Pidge stepped closer for a better look.

"Snappers. At least that's what I used to call them." Coran replied. "I forgot the scientific term for them but it's all in the name." Coran made a clawlike motion with his hands, bringing them together so that they almost resembled a crocodile with an open mouth. "See, what they do is wait for the slightest touch and then--SNAP!" He clapped his hands together causing both Pidge and Hunk to flinch. "You're as good as gone." Lance gulped.

"Okay, avoid the hungery plants. Anything else?"

"Well, there are a few ground plants you should also watch out for. As well as some ambushing lizards. The squirrels are carnivorous as well..."

"Okay, okay, that's enough!" Hunk waved a hand forcefully to try to get Coran to stop talking.

"In other words, everything on this planet can and will try to kill you. You can't get distracted." Allura added.

"Why did he have to end up there, of all places?" Hunk asked almost to himself. "Why not a candy planet or a planet with flowers that WON'T try to eat us? Is that too much to ask?"

"So it's basically Space Australia." Lance cut in.

Allura seemed taken aback by this. "Space... Australia?" She asked slowly.

"Alright, Paladins! There's no time to lose!"

"Coran's right. We've wasted too much time already." Shiro turned on his heel while the rest of his team followed.

Lance only hoped that they could get to Keith before the planet's flora and fauna did.