05 || 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐌𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐒

𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

This can't be happening! Kri just got bit by one of those f*cking things! We can't lose two group members on the same day. Splinter was enough to lose. Now, Kri has bigger issues to deal with. She feared what her father will suffer and there is a big chance he will... Crying is all she could do at the moment, thinking of leaving her dad so soon and turning on the living. She didn't want to become a monster, one that everyone is afraid of.

"What am I gonna tell Dad?" She whimpers. I heard the rifle behind me click, telling me the bullet shell flew out of the chamber and it was ready to fire a new bullet.

"Get out of the car," A girl said. I turn to look at the girl with ginger hair and blue eyes. "Now."

I back up with Kri scooting off the seat and onto four inches of snow.

"Who are you? What are you?" She aims the barrel at me and only me as Kri hid behind me. I raise both hands to show I wasn't interested in reaching for my weapons.

"Raphael. A mutant turtle. This is Kri. We didn't know that someone lived in this car. What's your name?" I asked her.

The girl doesn't answer.

I sighed. "We needed this gas."

"Criss Williams. Why do you need gas?"

What kind of a question is that? "To refill a robot-- damnit, we're heading to Philadelphia. Start a new life there."

She lowers the gun. "You're a long way away. I'm on my way there."

"Bullish*t."

"It's true," Criss said.

"Why are you going there?"

"Same as you. To start over and get away from... them." I brought my hands down to my sides as Criss sniffed, looking back to the road behind her. A gust of wind blew snow into my face, like stabs. "Adrien." She hissed.

"Who?"

"No one." She glanced up at me. "Go back to your group, get out of here before I kill you both and I'll have two fewer people to worry about." She opens the passenger side door to grab her pack that had many things attached to it. Key chains and the smallest decorations on the pockets and zippers. Criss opens it up and pulls out clean wraps, whiter than the snow on the ground. "Patch her up." she tossed the roll to me.

"Patch up what? She's bitten."

"Not my problem. She gets shot by her own father, sorry." She zipped her bag up and entered the car. "Leave, now."

I sighed and turn to Kri. "Come on. Let's head back to the bus."

****

The Bus

"How much longer are we going to be here?" Regan asked, sounding like she was lost in boredom. Anyone could answer the question she had. Obviously, for me, I was not going to answer for not knowing the ETA for today.

"When Raph and Kri come back," Leo said.

"What if they didn't succeed in getting gas?"

"We'll just have to get out a walk." Leo steps out of the bus to put himself in the cold.

"Walk?" I sat up from leaning on the window. "I can't-"

"We know, we know. I have a backup plan if we do have to walk." Donnie said. "I think I have an escape route if infected come our way."

"And that is?"

Donatello smiles as he stood up from his seat and points in the middle of the road in front of the bus.