23 || 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 & 𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒

𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚛...
𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟼𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼

"Rough day," Leo asked Donnie in the lair, walking up to him as he sat in his office chair.

"Unfortunately," Donnie replied, looking up at his darkened computer screens. Nothing is monitoring anything above grounds where the Dead roam. "How's Sensei?"

"He's good," Leo says. "You okay?"

"Not really." Donnie chuckles, spinning in his chair to face Leo. "Do you think there is a cure?"

Leonardo shrugged. "I go back and forth these days. Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. The World Health Organization is maybe working on one."

"I don't think they are." Don replied standing up. "Infected keep walking in the roads and... there is not a drop of life in them."

"They are alive. They're just really sick." Leo said.

"It doesn't make sense to me, Leo. Those p-people are eating everyone. Eating... Why don't you see they're dead and dangerous?"

Leo stayed quiet. "I believe those are people who are not right in the head."

"They are dead." Donnie made himself clear. "The walking dead. Living dead. Rising dead. Dead this, dead that. WHO is not in business anymore."

"You don't know that."

"You don't know what you're looking at."

"I know exactly what I'm looking at."

"No, man. You don't. They are dead. Not alive. When military came through, they shot those people in the chest several times and still came at them." He sits back in his chair and types on his computer to pull up recent footage in Time Square. "Come here."

Leo stepped forward. Donnie clicked on the video and pressed play. Infected walked like drunk men and military strike them in the chest. The Dead didn't fall until they got a bullet to the head. "See that?" Donnie points. "Let me ask you this, Leo. Can a living and breathing person walk away from that?" He asked as Leo stared at the screen. "Why are they still coming at the living men? That's its heart and lungs they're shooting at."

Donnie's brother didn't answer. Leonardo walks away from the area.

...

Present Day
In the House

Leo was sitting outside on the porch, remembering that conversation he had with Donnie. He began to rethink everything and knows for a fact that the people who are infected are dead. He went back inside to start his sleeping session for the night and fell right into a nightmare...