11 || 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐘

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟿𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽

The ten of us surrounded Stan's dirt bed outside the inn, just behind the building. Piles of stones marked his grave and each of us placed one when we had something to say. Leo was the first to start off.

"We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of one of our group members. A part of the family we've created..." Leo started. "Praise the creator to gift our brother, Stan Johnson. For the span of his years, an abundance of character; risking his life to help ours, saving us with ideas of his. We know he will be watching over us as we continue on with our survival." He paused and looks to the sky clearing up to show the gorgeous shade of blue. "Sensei, watch over him for us. We'll always remember you, Stanley."

Kristen cried all night last night. She sobbed and the only one that stayed awake with her was Raph. Her eyes were dark and red from not getting any rest and Raphael was in the same condition. Sure, Stan was with us for almost a whole month until he was now known dead, but he was a big part of the group. He had a very special bond with each of us.

He taught Donnie and Leo a few things about leadership, he taught Raph and Mikey how to be patient, taught me how to not be afraid of too many things, and overall, Stan was a great teacher.

Kri whimpered at her Dad's grave. "Thank you for being there as I grew up and helping me in the hardest situations. I love you very much... and say hi to Mom for me." Her tears rolled down easily as she added a stone to his grave.

We all had spoken. Criss and Regan said a couple of words, enough to show they cared. Patience cried I cried, all of us did even if half of the group barely knew Stan... we have lost two lives now and they are just weeks apart. Now I am asking myself who is next to die.

Kitty, Bebop, and Rocksteady were still in the room inside the inn, tied up and getting thinner. Leo knew he had to make a decision quickly before they start thinking bad of him and the group. It might give them a chance to think over if they should murder us all or not.

Shortly after Stan's small service, Leo told us to pack up because we are leaving the inn to continue on the trip to Philadelphia, or the community. The two mutants and Rocksteady were escorted out of the room by Raph and Leo to wait outside as the rest of us took the time to evacuate. I sat on the bed watching Donnie place the last thing in his bag before coming toward me and lifting my body up over his shell so I can sit calmly.

"Ready?" He says.

"Yeah..." I reply, still thinking of Stan.

"Snow will melt soon." He says walking out of the room. I kept quiet and found everyone was outside the inn, but Stan's grave is all I could think about. I figured we were leaving our temporary home because his funeral was too much for us and couldn't handle living by it for a while.

Leonardo was on guard with the three new people joining us, too. Our plan to leave the inn in a week was cut short due to an unexpected departure... an exodus that no one wanted.

Our family was in the shape of a triangle while heading down the road, staying in a tight formation so we don't lose anybody and make ourselves seem bigger. Being in a big group like this will hopefully deliver the message that we are stronger than a smaller number.

The girls were in one cluster, Mikey, Raph, and Leo in another with the three newbies up front. And I was the only one directly above someone.

Just minutes after starting our journey again, my chin sat on Donnie's head to feel my stomach bubble and pop. My eyes got the view of Donnie's goggles under my nose and a snowy path hiding black ice.