06 || 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐖𝐀𝐆𝐄

I'd like to thank my best friend, Amber for letting me use her photo for the media!

****

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The snowflakes are a lot bigger this time, and they were on a mission to cover up the ground again. While I waited for Patience, Raph, and Kristen to come back to the bus, I traced the condensation off the window I sat near, drawing pictures of random curved lines and shapes to pass the time. My fingertips were cold and wet from the temperature on the window. Oh, how I loved winter and its surprises. Coming next to me, Regan sat in the seat I sat in and greeted me quietly with a friendly smile. "Hey. How are you, Osa?" She asked as I shrugged.

"I'm good. I'm just wondering where they are right now." I replied.

"They're probably on their way back here already."

"Maybe," I sighed, watching the window fog up again. It had to be a solid eighteen degrees outside. There was literally frost forming on the windows inside this bus with the heater blowing at our feet. Even scratching at the window was no good to clear up Jack Frost's creations. Right away, the cold put the frost back on the windows.

"Hey, look," Mikey says, pointing at the road in front of the bus. "They're back."

A smile is brought to my face the moment I saw Kristen and Raph coming through the blizzard. Patience was beside them, too, but someone else was with them.

When Leo's bright blue eyes saw the fourth person, he steps out of the bus and approached his brother, Kri, Patience, and the new girl.

As Kri is reunited with her father, Stan, Leo doesn't hesitate to pop off on this girl we don't know of. "Who are you? Why are you here?"

Criss put her hand on her gun, not using it on Leo. "Get away from me!"

"Stop it," Raph says, stepping in front of him. "Leo, this is Criss. She was alone."

Leo kept his cool. "You're alone? Raph, we can't take in too many people..." He said.

Raph laughed at his brother lightly. "Dude, we need the numbers. And this girl is alone-- she was living in a car."

Leonardo looks at Criss, seeing she was on her guard, defending herself from any possible dangers. "You asked her the questions?"

"Yes," Raph says. "She drew on us but it was out of defense. We were only able to get a small portion of gas."

Leo understood. From what I was gathering from inside the bus, it look like Criss just became part of us. I watched him extend his hand out to Criss, letting her shake it. "Leonardo, Leo for short. You've met Raph, Kri, and Patience with her lizard, Silly." He said.

"Nice family," Criss said, taking her hand away.

"This family of ten, including the small lizard are good." Leo steps forward. "I'll protect them with my whole life."

"I'm sure you would," Criss says. While she spoke, I literally felt another presence somehow. Then, she turned her gaze to us inside the bus, taking in a deep breath and nodding once. "I'll do what I can to provide for your group, Leo. If you let me."

"Good." Says Leo, turning to the bus. "Don't worry about Patience. She's got a backbone."

"So, do I," Criss said.

Leonardo steps onto the bus, but Stan stopped him. "Leo,"

"Yeah?"

"Look." Stan points back to the road from where we came from. I look back to the emergency exit and could see figures emerging from the fog, limping up the road. I gasp and automatically thought of Donnie's backup plan.