12 || 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Leonardo walked up to Regan, who was tearing up behind a tree. Regan's eyelashes had so many constellations of tears and every time she blinked they'd form a soaking pool on her clothes. "Reg," Leo said, making her look up at him. "Why did you run?"

She shook heavily with a quivering bottom lip. "I'm not going back to them. Th-That's why I ran."

"Back where?" He asked, crouching down to her level.

"That group in the cars," Regan says, wiping her tears with her jacket and clearing her throat. There's more of them. More than you could imagine." She cried.

"How do you know?" Leo asked her.

"I was taken in by them." She replied, still shaking in her shoes.

"When?"

"A month after the infection." She sniffed. "They're strange in their own way. They make no sense."

"How?"

"That community I escaped from is dangerous, Leo," Regan said to him. "It isn't what they said it is."

"Do they have a name?"

"Not really. They came from a town called Bendova." She finished looking into his eyes.

Leonardo's face went blank for a short second before replying to his friend. "We'll talk later. Come along." He helped stand her up so they could go back to the group together.

****

Criss left Donnie and me with Kitty, Bebop, and Rocksteady on the side of the road so she can go have an attempt at hunting. We really need the food.

We were enjoying the last bit of cold until the spring arrived. I seriously can't wait until the golden sun shines down on me, sharing its warmth.

I may get the chance to properly sunbathe and soak in the rays of the mighty star. Just thinking of it made me fall asleep in Donatello's lap.

One of our members, Kristen, decided to be useful and watch the three newbies that may hold the idea of escaping. We needed everyone's eyes to help us in keeping watch on these three.

Kitty repeatedly looked at the same people in the same order. First, it was Donnie and me, and then Kri who protected us with her loaded gun, who hoped it would stay that way.

The blonde girl with cat ears had an expression of pure hate. If anything terrible went down, it would be Kristen and Kitty getting into a catfight.

Just from the looks of this, it seems Kitty was getting tired of us watching her while she watched us with her buddies close by her.

"If you have something to say, go ahead," Kristen told her.

"I don't have anything to say to you. Your friend hit me in the back of the head with the stock of her gun. And the lizard with the bow and arrow pierced my leg," Kitty scoffed. "No way I'm forgiving you guys."

"Whatever." Kri looks back at Donnie who was sharpening a hand-sized stick with a kitchen knife he found at the inn. "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Bored out of my mind. It's the only thing I could think of while we wait." He continued to sharpen. While I was asleep on Donnie, Kristen observed Donnie closely with me still sleeping in his lap.

"I think you're growing on her." She smiled.

"Osa? What makes you say that?" Donnie looked up from his little whittling session.

"Well--"

"You just ruined his slim chance, sweetheart." Kitty blurts and Bebop nudges her.

"Let them talk," Bebop told Kitty.