24 || 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐃𝐆𝐄

𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Run.

Run as far as you can.

Get back home to see the damage I've done. Absorb the faces of disappointment or relief. Silly hid in my jacket as I ran, but I no longer could keep up the speed. I stumble on the ground to feel the dirt stain my pants and received a few scratches on my hands.

"One crazy night and surely one crazy day," I said, standing up as my knees quiver before stiffening. I dust the debris off my clothes before getting a small disturbance on my right. No. My left. In front of me? Where is it? I can hear footsteps and twigs snapping in two. I take out my bow and place the first arrow along with my finger, pointing it downward while scanning all directions. "Hey." I let out.

The bushes rattle behind me, I snap in the direction and nothing is there but a flock of crows. I sighed deeply for having my mind at ease. Not for long. I hear footsteps. Real ones.

Becoming clearer and nearer until a thud startled me, I yelp and turned around. It was a boy who is taller than I am standing still long enough for me to get a good look at him. "Son of a b*tch..."

****

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Have any 5's?" Regan asked.

"Go fish..." I slouched over the kitchen table. "2's?"

"Go fish," Regan said. I pull a card from the deck and hear heavy footfalls come down the stairs. Leo speed walks to the front door. "Whoa, whoa, what are you doing?" I dropped the cards.

"Looking for Raph. Seen him?" Leo faces his body toward us. I shake my head and so does Regan. "Ack! He's gone."

"Gone?"

"Why gone?" Regan stands up.

"I dunno. Criss said he was going to the clinic."

"Is he hurt?"

"Not sure. I know Raph when we're in a deep hole." Leonardo goes for the door. "He's not in Hopeswell."

****

Criss heard Kri yelling her name from the bathroom upstairs. The girl rushes into the small washroom to find Kri is having issues on the floor... the sink... and the toilet. The girl who came for Kri's assistance froze while staring at dark blood spreading across the floor. Kri cries softly with nothing on but a shirt and towel covering her legs.

"W-Why is there so much b-blood?" She stuttered, looking at Criss. Kri's new helpful friend kneels down, opening up a cabinet under the sink to ready some wet towels.

"Oh, Kristen..." Criss whispered. "Don't worry. Everything will be just fine."

****

Raphael marched into the treeline to browse for a clue that may expose signs of the two missing people. He doesn't know what's happening back home, though. A family is checking in high and low for him, one member of the group hasn't come home, and another is on the bathroom floor. Nothing important inside the gates crossed his mind.

Raph had his gun on his hip, ready to be used if absolutely needed. As he walked, he listened for anything that might alert him. "Where would you both be?" He asks himself. Of course, he has no hint who the survivors are and no idea where they could be. But then thought if he brought back these people, maybe, just maybe, Tobias will change his mind about exiling Raph's family.

****

Kitty sat on the front porch to watch all the kids and adults socialize about last-minute things. Sometimes she wondered why is she still alive here. It is quite a struggle to keep your energy up during a terrible time like this.

Regan and Faith thought the same thing repeatedly. Regan made herself watch her parents die slowly when they were attacked. She cried for not having them by her side anymore. "Why can't I be up there with you guys?" She says looking to the sun's rays stabbing through the window of her room. "At least you don't have to suffer."

Faith has been alone most of the time. She never released a lot of information about her past and almost every day she looks back on how she made it to the situation she is in right now. A cold past like her own scares Faith.

And Donatello didn't talk to me at all...