25 || 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Is this group breaking? Or are we just making the most horrible choices?

I wasn't sure just yet.

****

"Where are you?" Clem asked herself the same question millions of times in the abandoned wolf den. Rolling her neck along her shoulders as she proceeded to take cover from any infected wandering the area. Her ankle swelled so much, Clem could hardly make it twitch. She wipes her forehead with a maroon bandana she had in her hand.

A girl like her was getting tired of waiting for a friend of hers who took a lifetime to get somewhere and come back. She did her best to shuffle through the damp soil inside the den to exit the large entrance. Clem army crawls out to feel the surface of crunched leaves under her and found fresh footsteps. They're not hers. This thing dragged its feet along the ground, size 13 in men. Clem shudders as she left the den and felt a new presence with her. She looks up from the dirt and gasps to see one Walker darting toward her.

"No!"

****

The peg leg hit the floor loudly while my other foot collides normally going up the stairs. Criss and Donnie are taking care of Kri in the bedroom upstairs and I began to worry when I found out about her fall in the bathroom. What sucks, Raph doesn't know about it. Speaking of him, he's gone. There is no trace of the stubborn turtle. His stuff is still here and knowing him, he'd never leave Kri.

I hear the three voices in the room, they spoke constantly until I entered the room. "Everything okay?"

Donnie looks over his shoulder. He doesn't want anything to do with me at the moment. I couldn't care less. Well, if he doesn't want to talk to me then I don't want to talk to him. He's picking a thermometer up off the bed and closing a sample into his pant pocket. Don brushes past my shoulder and walks out the door. I scoffed at his non-manly behavior.

"He confuses me," I say, coming into the room. "You okay, Kri?"

"Yeah. Just disappointed." Her gloomy eyes gave all her emotions away to me.

"I'm sorry about the miscar-"

"She doesn't want to talk about it," Criss whispers to me.

"Sorry."

"We'll let you rest, Kri. I'm sorry." Criss moves away and follows behind me out of the room. The eldest teenager here closes Kri's room door quietly before Criss and I retreat downstairs.

"She misses Raph," Criss told me. "Leo, Bebop, Rocksteady, and Kitty are looking for him."

"And everyone else?"

"In the backyard. They wanted to enjoy the fresh air." Criss and I go for the window closest to the front door. "What's going on with you and Donnie?"

"Huh? Nothing. He's just a..."

"A first-class assh*le?"

I chuckled. "No. I don't know..." I blinked away the light from my eyes. "Anything from Tobias?"

Criss shook her head. The look she gives showed she is tired of the man in charge here. "Nope."

****

David had just received the word of Raphael's disappearance from Hopeswell. Leonardo is fuming mad about his young brother who disobeys many times.

"My no-brained brother hightailed it out of here without any of my group knowing," Leo announced, walking to the gates.

"How many of you are going out there?" David walked aside him at the exit.