Chapter 1(unedited and rewritten)

"Hey Claire. Girl wait up." I hear my name being called through the crowed hall. Turning I see one of my best friends hurrying to catch up. I stop and watch her hurry towards me. Catching the looks I saw a few guy that she passed give her made me smile. Looking at her I take in her unconventional beauty. She's wearing black combat boots rolled down at the ankles that travel up her long legs to her signature short black skirt. She'd paired those with a slashed up tshirt. Her shoulder length blonde hair was loose with crazy curls going everywhere.
"Hey Iz, what's up?" I ask meeting her emerald green eyes that stood out from her coffee colored skin.
"Looking great as usual girly girl." She observed with a grin. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her flattery as I glanced down at my outfit. I was wearing my favorite form fitting dark blue jeans with my black and grey leather thigh boots. I had paired them with a sapphire tank top and a black cropped leather jacket. My auburn hair fell in waves around my shoulders and I know that it brings out the color of my eyes that match my tank top and the crystal around my neck. She chuckled at my reaction and reached up to fiddle with a crystal that matches my own. Only hers is a deep emerald green. "I was wondering if you'd been told about the pack meeting tomorrow night?"
She's referring to our pack. We are known as the Earth wolves. While we aren't the strongest pack in the world we also are the weakest. Just as I'm about to answer I hear someone else call our names. Looking up we catch sight of our third partner in crime, Nessie. I'm always in awe of her beauty She's wearing her usual light blue jeans and red fitted hoodie with black sneakers. Her long dirty blonde hair was pulled back into a ponytail with a piece of bang falling softly over her deep reddish brown eyes shining with curiosity.
"Do you guys know about the meeting tomorrow night and what it's about?" She asked fiddling with her ruby red gem that hung around her neck.
"Not entirely sure." We answered in unison as we walked toward the cafeteria. We gathered our food and walked to our usual table. I sit and smiled at the friends that surround me as Izzy sat to my left and Nessie to my right. Across from me sits Mike with his rocker good looks. He stands at six foot three inches tall and is the tallest of all of us. His twin brother Brian sits next to him. They're pretty different when it comes to personalities but they have the same blonde hair and baby blue eyes with quick easy smiled. Then there's Ethan, our school nerd. He's brilliant but unlike the cliched nerd he's ripped with muscles. He stands at an even six foot tall  with curly brown hair, hazel eyes and a quick smile that can melt your heart. Lastly there sits Stacey, Tracey, Melanie, and Lane. They're all short and fit with brown hair and green eyes. They can really only be described as bubbly. We have been friends for as long as I can remember we are all nerds in our own ways. While our peers tend to sit around talking of parties, games, or relationships, we enjoy talking and debating our classes and vast subjects.
    The cafeteria quiets down like it always does when Brent comes into a room. He's the schools star quarterback and one of the most popular guys. Cliched right, I know but it is what it is. He's six foot five inches tall and built like a Greek god. His blonde hair is just the right length to show a hint of red which brings out his green eyes with flecks of gold in them. When he smiles he has small dimples that peek out. We are very proud to say that he is our future Alpha. Today is his eighteenth birthday and as he walks farther into the cafeteria everyone start calling out birthday wishes. He has one more year before he takes over as the Alpha. Within that year he's to graduate, finish his training as the Alpha and meet his mate.
'Claire' a soft voice in my head says pulling me from my thoughts. It was my wolf speaking to me.
'Yes?'
'I warned your to be ready for big changes in our future and they're about to start.'
'What do you mean?' I questioned her.
'Do you feel it?' She asks me. I focus on myself for a moment, it's then that I realize that my heart rate has picked up and I have  fuzzy feeling in my belly. It's almost as if I'm anticipating something.
'What is this feeling?' I ask her cautiously.
'Look up.' She said quivering.
Obeying her I look up and what I find causes me to gasp. My blue eyes meet the most beautiful pair of goldish green eyes from across the room.
A new voice enters my head and with just one word that takes my breath away.
'Mate.'