Chapter 10(unedited)

~Claire~
Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves. Troy, Brent and Nelson can't seem to stop themselves from eating my potato salad. I love that they like it because it's my favorite thing to make.
"Jeez, Guys slow down on that potato salad or at least leave some of Claire's Famous Tater Salad for us too." Izzy said pushing Troy's shoulder playfully. He just grinned at her until her words sank in.
"You made this yumminess Luna?" He questioned in awe.
"I did. I'm glad you guys like it." I answered while the boys smiled and began eating.
"A-a-Alpha Claire?" A hesitant voice beside me said. I turned to see Tabitha shifting awkwardly.
"Heya honey. Are you having fun? How ya feeling?" I said turning toward her.
"I'm feeling great and really special. I never expected such a celebration on my behalf. I'm so happy to be one of you. I do have some questions though. Like do I have to move to the pack house? And can I still be friends with Lisa?"
"Well sweetheart get used to the celebrations. In our pack when you succeed in anything it's a big deal to us. As for joining us in the pack house that is completely your choice. At this moment it's just me, Izzy and Nessie who live there full time because our parents are there. You like the others will have a room that is and always will be yours. There will be times that I will ask you to stay with us but its free for you to come and go. Actually I personally decorated your room darling. Feel free to change any of it but I think you'll like it. As for Lisa we would never tell you to ditch your friends for us. You can befriend whomever you feel deserves your friendship. If you'd both like to join our little band of misfits you are always welcome though. Oh and here before I forget this is yours." I said taking a house key from my pocket that had a handmade key chain on it with her name by Izzy to her.
"Thank you so much." She said launching herself at me and wrapping her arms around my waist. She froze the moment she realized what she did. I just chuckled and wrapped my ams around her in a little squeeze.
"No problem honey." She took the key and ran to her parents.
"You're truly my amazing little butterfly." Brent says finally pulling himself away from the food. The others walked off just leaving the two of us alone on the porch in our own little bubble.
"I like that nickname." I said turning to wrap my arms around his waist and tucked my head into his chest. Then I looked up into his eyes and the world around us melted away. He started leaning down and I raised up on my tip toes. When our lips connected I could hear both of our wolves howl with joy. He deepened the kiss a bit and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His breath tasted like mint and chocolate and his lips were so soft and smooth. I never want to stop kissing him.
"Now that's how mates should kiss." the voice of Nessie pulled us both out of our trance as well as the wolf whistles and awes coming from those surrounding us. I had completely forgotten there was anyone here. I blushed the color of a tomato while Brent did the same while laughing.

~Brent~
Wow was all I could say to the kiss I had just shared with my mate. It felt so nice to kiss her and it will be happening again soon. My wolf was overjoyed at the moment. I loved the little blush she got after we were interrupted but I felt through our bond that she was on cloud 9.
After that an elder decided to tell stories around the big campfire in the back yard. There were these big rock covered by leaves that were actually really comfy.
"Elder why don't you start a story while the girls and I make some hot tea." Claire says walking into the house with the girls. So the elder started and soon enough the girls came out with trays loaded with cups. The mothers rushed over and started handing them out.
'I thought we could share a cup.' Claire mind linked me while taking the final cup after making sure everyone had one.
'Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way.' I said as she walked over. I had my legs bent with space between them. I was getting ready to shift over to give her space because I as much as I'd like her to sit on my lap I know she's not used to PDA when again she surprised me and sat down in the space. She smiled shyly at me while I beamed. Shifting I placed my arms on her waist and pulled her closer settling my head in the space between her neck and shoulder she moved her head to lean against mine and lifted the cup so I could take a sip. After that she interlaced our fingers and settled in to listen to the story.
There was two soft clicks that went off at the same time. We looked over to see Izzy and Troy snap a picture of us. We smiled at them and they snapped another.
'Send a copy of both of those to me please Bro.' I mind linked him.
'Sure no problem. You guys look amazing together. I can't wait to meet my mate. I hope I'm as lucky and happy as you two.' He answered.
'You will be sweetie. You deserve to be happy.' Claire said alerting to me that Troy had opened the link to her as well after answering my request. He smiled and squeezed the hand that she reached out to him. She returned both then we all focused on the elder again.
This is the most amazing thing ever and its easy to forget for awhile about the upcoming battle. Which is what I think she was aiming for. She sure is a smart girl. I believe with her by my side our pack will become strong and powerful.

_____________Authors Note______________________________________________________________________
Yay their first kiss. Happy chapter. Speaking of which I think I'm on a roll. :-)