Chapter 14 (Uneedited)

~Claire~
"What do you mean there were rouges?" Toby said as we walked into the clearing.
"Are you ok?" Brent said rushing over to me with worry clear on his face. The moment I shifted back he was examining me all over for wounds pulling me into a tight hug when he didn't find any. I could hear his racing heart.
"Darling, I'm ok." I reassured him squeezing back. He pulled back taking my face between his hands and kissing me deeply and passionately right there in front of everyone. I kissed him back assuring him that I was ok. A small giggle came from beside us bringing us back to the real world. I smiled at him leaning over to kiss his cheek near the corner of his eye softly before looking down at the little five year old girl that had placed a hand on my leg.
"Momma, you eyes is all shinny." I smiled at her. Everyone froze at her name for me not that I blamed them.
"I'm really happy right now baby angel." I said bending down to lift her slight weight into my arms. "Say hi to Brent."
"Hello Brent." She said shyly hiding her face in the crook of my neck.
"Hello, What's your name?" He asked trying to be nice while being confused.
"My names Celeste. You don't have to worry she's my adopted momma not my real one." she answered shocking him. He looked at me questioningly.
"I adopted this little thing when she was three. Her birth mom was a human girl that I was friends with in elementary school. We grew apart for a while and she fell into the wrong crowd and ended up getting pregnant. She came to me really upset. She had been doing some of the very addicting drugs and was worried. So I helped her. We went through the classes together and bought her stuff to set up for Cellie. When she was born she was a merical and her mother seemed to be on the road to recovery from the addicting drugs. She asked me to be the godmother and to promise to take care of her if anything ever happened. I agreed and things seemed fine for two and a half years. One night a child service officer knocked on my door and handed me Celeste telling me that her mother had overdosed on a drug and died. After a very tough and stressful legal battle I adopted this beautiful girl as my own. We all take turns watching her and when we can't my mother does." I explained stroking her hair as I rocked her softly in my arms. Looking up I saw shock in my pack mates and pride in my mates eyes. He smiled and walked over wrapping the two of us up in his arms and stroked Celeste hair too.
"Has anyone ever told you that you are the most amazing seventeen year old ever? Not many fifteen year olds would take that responsibility so easily." Niles stated.
"And that just makes our decision even more cemented." Toby said making the girls and I hold our breath as we looked at him. "We would love to be your Guards."

~Brent~
The girls let out a collective sigh of relief and Claire's face light up with a huge smile. She looked beautiful with that smile and her daughter in her arms.
'Our daughter.' Sebastian said gleefully. I smiled at the thought.
'Yes ours. She has such a great heart and she'll make a great Luna. I hope we can win Celeste over.' I answered looking down at the little girl in my mates arms. She was looking at me with interest. I smiled and waved. She beamed back.
"Alright we can do this now."Claire said with joy. I can't believe the girl actually thought we'd say no.
"Celeste why don't you hang out with Brent, Troy and Nelson for a few moments. If you three don't mind that is." Claire said turning to us.
"Of course not. Can I hold you for a bit Princess?" I asked Celeste with a encouraging smile while holding out my arms. She looked at me and hid her face in Claire's neck for a minute before looking up at her and seeing her smile and then looking back at me. I felt Troy and Nelson on either side of me. She looked at both of them before shifting up and kissing Claire on the cheek softly and turning to reach out to me. I took her slight weight in my arms and securely held her to my chest. She shifted so that all her weight was in one arm and I was holding her like a baby.
'Thank you. She likes you a lot.' Claire said in my mind making me look up from my precious package to see her smiling. Celeste started giggling at something over my shoulder and I turned my head to see Troy and Nelson making funny faces at her.
"Ok so here's whats going to happen. I'm going to need everyone to sit down on their knees and watch us. What we are about to do is connect us all." Everyone did as we were told. I set Celeste in my lap.
Once we were all sat down the Huntresses. all lined up. Claire stood in front of us all with Izzy and Nessie behind her standing with their heads bowed and their arms out to the side at hip level. The other four bend down on the ground with their knees bent so the were standing on them. They too were looking down and linked hands with Aubrey and Tina on the ends mimicking Izzy and Nessie. All of their crystals were glowing as were Claire's eyes. Her arms raised into the air as she too bowed her head. Suddenly the wind picked up to a strong but gentle breeze and Claire dropped her arms as all the girls looked up to the sky.
"Great Moon Goddess we have taken your advise and found our Guard. They are all dear to us and we now entrust them with our lives. They have earned our trust." Claire said with a rough voice alerting us to the fact that her wolf was in fact close to the surface. Looking around the faces of those around us showed pride that they earned this and the new common emotion around these girls, awe. Looking back to the girls I see a light begin to surround them that matched their crystals. The light spread away from them and began to snake around us. The colors separated to surround everyone in a colorful light. Celeste and I were encased with a blue light while Troy was encased with a green. I felt my strength growing. It was an amazing feeling and I could suddenly feel the emotions of everyone that was in the clearing with us. We all were connected in a mind link. The light began to fade and the girls threw their head back in a howl that we joined in on right as the light went away. A new light formed to our right.
"You are all now one. I am able to come because of the power that is joined through Claire but it is draining fast. I am the Great Luna your creator. I am so proud of you all. They have picked the best for this job. You have many objects ahead. Keep a firm head my darlings and work together. Let love guide your way. The threat you are all facing will attack in one weeks time be ready." said the beautiful women in the light. Just as quickly as it came the light faded.
'Brent get to her quickly.'Andreece said in my head causing me to look over in time to see my mate pass out and hit the ground from exhaustion quickly I handed Celeste to Troy and ran over.

______________________Authors Note__________________________________________
Sorry it took me so long to write guys. It's no excuse I know. So thoughts? More action to come