twenty one

After a solid, boring 45 minutes, the doctors had finally finished explaining my medication and everything to me. It was going to be difficult having to take so much medication and precautions every day, especially having to remember it all. Thank God there was a doctor coming on tour with us who was aware of everything and would be checking up on me, because I have very bad short term memory.

I’ll be able to remember my first day of primary school, but I won’t be able to remember what happened yesterday.

Strange, I know.

Anyway, I had finally left the hospital. It felt so fucking good to be out of that place. I don’t think I could stand another night in that horridly uncomfortable hospital bed. It felt so good to breathe the fresh air and feel the sun on my face.

I probably looked like a mess.

I hopped in the passenger seat, dad helping me in as it was pretty difficult.

The only movement I really had to do in the hospital was to go to the bathroom, or to change rooms to have tests, etc.

Dad and I sung along to the green day song playing in the car, on the short trip home.

Luke, dad and Alex had already packed everything for me so I didn’t have to go back to Luke and I’s apartment. 

I was currently at the house that was supposed to be my home, but was actually my dad’s. I had a feeling I’d soon have to move back in with him, but it’d most likely be pointless because I’d be sleeping over Luke’s so frequently.

I made a mental note that when I come home from touring with the boys that I’d have to stay at my dad’s every now and then and spend more time with him.

It scared me to think that in the future I’d probably be put in the position again where I’d have to choose between the two most important men in my life, but I didn’t want to even think about that.

Dad was putting all my bags in the car, whilst I was having a long, hot shower. It felt so good to have a shower where I wasn’t restricted to how much hot water I could use; not that there was much of it at the hospital anyways. 

I rinsed my self in guava body wash, it was amazing to finally use it again after using a crappy bar of soap in the hospital.

I washed my hair with my apple scented shampoo I never ended up taking to Luke’s apartment, it smelt great. 

Once I had gotten out of the shower, I dried myself with a fresh towel before walking into my bedroom to get my clothes.

((outfit in external link))

I pulled on some black skinny jeans with a rip in one of the knees, a white nirvana shirt and a flannel over the top since it was relatively cold outside and I’d be landing in England. I pulled a handful of wristbands over my right arm, and pulled a grey beanie over my wet hair which I would let dry naturally.

I grabbed my phone and headphones and walked into the bathroom, opening the cabinet and retrieving an almost empty concealer. I rubbed some on to my face without a brush considering my brush was packed in my luggage. I applied some mascara I had in the cabinet, which was also almost empty. I reminded myself to clean out this cupboard when I came home.

I looked myself over in the mirror one more time before grabbing a pair of socks and walking down the stairs slowly, being cautious to not fall over due to my injuries. 

I sat on the couch across from dad, eying the TV to see he was watching re runs of a footy game.

I laughed softly as I put on my black combat boots.

“Ready?” dad asked,

“Yep” I replied, smiling as we walked out the door.

I slid into the passenger seat again as he sat in the driver’s seat.

Laughter and bad singing filled the car on the long trip to the airport.

-----

Once we had arrived at the airport, dad handed me my carry on bag as he grabbed my rather large suitcase.

We walked into the airport and had my luggage checked and I went through customs and all.

We had an hour to go before my flight so we found McDonalds and sat there for a good half an hour.

Soon enough I was saying my goodbye’s to dad, which ended up to be fairly emotional.

Being honest, dad and I were never the emotional type. We’d watch a sad movie, and very occasionally one of us would cry, but whoever the first to cry was would end up getting laughed at.

We always tried to make the best out of situations and look on the bright side of things, even when it was really hard to do.

Yet here we both were, latching onto each other in an embrace, both of us crying.

It never really occurred to me until now how much he meant to me.

He was my best friend. We were always there for each other, pulling each other through the darkest of times.

But here I was, being separated with my dad because I was about to fly to the other side of the world and support my boyfriend and his best friends.

I don’t think either of us had this situation in mind when he informed me he was getting a job transfer to Sydney.

“Last call for flight 227 to London” a monotone voice called over the loud speaker.

I pulled away from my dad, attempting to smile.

“I’ll see you soon dad” I said,

“Have fun Daniella, I’ll miss you. Call me as soon as you land!” he called out to me as I walked over to the terminal, handing the lady my ticket before walking through the terminal and onto the plane. 

I took my allocated seat, sighing loudly.

-----

As soon as I grabbed my suitcase and went through customs which seemed to take forever, I excitingly speed walked to where I was supposed to be meeting Luke.

I looked from right to left, to in front of me, for what seemed like hours, before a deep voice sounded from behind me.

“Looking for someone?” the familiar chuckle echoing through my ears.

I grinned from ear to ear as I turned around, dropping my carry on bag.

“Luke!” I gasped, latching my arms around his neck immediately.

His arms wrapped around my waist and it wasn’t until now until I realized how much I had missed being in his arms.

“I missed you so much” he mumbled into my hair, reading my mind some how.

“I missed you too” I smiled, pulling away from the tight embrace and looking into his bright blue eyes that I had missed.

He smiled widely, taking in my appearance.

“You look beautiful, like always” he bit his lip, taking the black ring of metal pierced in his lip between his teeth.

I couldn’t help but blush.

“And you look sexy, as always” I attempted to wink seductively but ended up looking like my eye was twitching, which made us both burst into laughter.

“You’re so lame” he chuckled, making me stick my tongue out at him,

“But you’re also very cute” he laughed, kissing my nose.

HIIIIIII SORRY FOR ANOTHER FILLER THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BETTER I PROMISE
SOOOOOOO I MENTIONED PREVIOUSLY THAT I WAS GOING TO BE CO-WRITING A NEW MICHAEL FAN FIC!
IT'S CALLED 'LINGER A LITTLE LONGER' AND THE PROLOGUE WILL BE UP SOOOON!
THE TRAILER'S ON THE SIDE SO PRETTY PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO WATCH IT ILY :---)
http://www.wattpad.com/story/11587931-linger-a-little-longer-m-c

OH AND I DECIDED ON MAKING THEIR SHIP NAME LUELLA SO YAY :---)
MOST PEOPLE COMMENTED LUELLA AND I THIK IT'S PRETTY SO :-)

- ash xxx