twenty six

You know that feeling when everything feels as if it’s all crashing down, and you know there’s nothing at all you can do about it? That horrid feeling in the pit of your stomach you can’t do anything about.

That’s what it felt like.

“That’s fucking heroin” were the only words I could hear as every thing started to piece itself together. 

The past suddenly became so much clearer. 

That wasn’t the first time I’d seen a syringe full of heroin. They used to lay around the house all the time.

“It’s just medicine, sweetie” mum would say, her words slow and sloppy.

***

“Daddy, where’s mummy?” I asked, with tears streaming down my face.

“I’m so sorry baby, mummy had a bit too much of her special medicine and the doctors couldn’t help her.” dad said softly, his eyes bloodshot from the crying.

“Is she coming back?” I asked sadly,

“No darling, I’m sorry, mummy won’t be coming back anytime soon. But I promise you, your mummy loves you very much,” he replied, his voice cracking mid-sentence.

“I love mummy too” I whispered,

“I know baby, I know,” he sighed, picking me up and nursing me to sleep.

***

I was always to young to understand what happened to mum, I always thought she was just ‘sick’, because that’s what dad had always told me when I asked.

My mother wasn’t ‘sick’, my mother had an addiction. She was addicted to heroin and she had an overdose, causing her death. I wasn’t sure whether or not I should be angry at my father for not telling me, but I was.

Tears streamed down my face as I was brought back to reality.

“Daniella?” Luke questioned, walking towards me and attempting to bring me into his arms.

“No! Don’t touch me!” I sobbed, pushing him away from me, making him fall to the ground in shock.

Calum came over to me and wrapped his arms around me, and I just sobbed into his chest. Even though I wasn’t looking, I could automatically tell that Luke would have a hurt look on his face.

“Get away from her Calum!” Luke shouted, and before I knew it Calum’s arms were no longer around me as he had been shoved to the ground by Luke.

I was sobbing uncontrollably by this point.

“Don’t fucking touch her! None of you touch her!” he screamed, making me step away from him. I watched as his eyes clouded with hurt.

“Well clearly she doesn’t want you to touch her! One of us has to comfort her!” Michael snapped.

“Shut up Michael!” Luke yelled, making me flinch.

“Just stop! STOP IT!” I cried, shaking.

“Danie-” Luke began before I interrupted him, “No Luke! Stop it! I don’t want to hear it!” I yelled.

“Why Luke?” Ashton asked softly, “What?” Luke replied,

“Why are you on drugs again? Are you fucking stupid?” he asked more clearly.

“I, um” Luke stammered,

“Answer the question, Luke” Calum spoke,

I waited to hear Luke’s answer, but it never came. He remained silent.

“Wow,” “Fucking coward” Ashton spat.

“I’m sorry” Luke sighed,

“No,” I said bluntly. “Excuse me?” Luke questioned,

“Don’t you dare say you’re fucking sorry, Luke. We all know you’re not. If you were ‘sorry’, you wouldn’t have gone and done this in the first place. You’ve lost the people who care about you most, and you don’t even give a shit about it! You’re not even around anymore! You’re a coward! And an asshole! and I hate you!” I screamed, sobbing uncontrollably by the end of it.

Concern was written across Luke’s face before he looked to the ground.

“Does that mean what I think it does?” Luke said so softly I could barely hear him.

“If you think it means that I’m breaking up with you, then you’re right.” I replied quietly, trying my best to fight back any more tears.

He looked up, his now blood shot eyes staring into my own. The sparkle his eyes once had was gone, his eyes were now just a plain, dark, blue.

“Please Daniella, just, i -” he stuttered,

“It’s a little too late for meaningless excuses, Luke” I sighed,

“Why does it even matter?! It’s just heroin!” Luke screamed.

“IT’S JUST HEROIN?! ARE YOU FOR REAL LUKE?!” Michael screamed,

“STOP TREATING ME LIKE I’M A CHILD! I CAN DO WHAT I FUCKING WANT! AND IF I WANT TO INJECT FUCKING HEROIN INTO MY BODY THEN I FUCKING WILL!” Luke retorted.

“You’re right, Luke,” “Maybe I’m not your fucking mother, but what you sure as hell didn’t know was that my mother died from a heroin overdose. You want to know why I care so much?! There you fucking go. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want the boy I’m uncontrollably in love with to fucking die. Wow, sorry for caring so much. Fuck you Luke, fuck you, asshole. Have a nice life!” I yelled, tears rolling down my face once again.

I took one last look at the boy who had changed my life forever before walking out of the hotel room, unaware that I wasn’t going to see him the next day.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHOTS FIRED 
SO MUCH DRAMA DAMN LUKE Y U DO DIS MAN 

WILL UPDATE SOON LOVE YOU ALL X