forbidden forty seven

“Oh my god! It’s Luke Hemmings girlfriend!” Sophie sarcastically squealed as I walked back into our dorm from my media class.

“Jesus Soph, if I hear that statement one more time I think I will drop out of university, go home, adopt a cat and never leave my house ever again” I laughed, sighing as I collapsed onto my bed.

“Dude I can’t even put up with the “It’s Luke Hemmings’ girlfriends friend!” thing, I don’t know how you even deal with this shit.” she admitted.

“It’s crazy, I mean they’ve gotten so big that even I can’t go anywhere without being absolutely gawked at. As much as it does get a little frustrating, I’m more proud than anything. Like shit, my boyfriend and his best friends faces are on buses and buildings and televisions and magazines and music stores and t-shirts and they just sold out a fucking arena tour, like can you believe it?!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah I’ve got to admit, it’s pretty damn amazing. I remember only two years ago when we met in our dorm for the first time, and there was this tiny little photograph of the band and I remember asking you who they were. And now, practically every female dorm on campus have tour posters up in their rooms. It’s insane.” she agreed.

“It’s so weird to think of it like that… all of it’s just so crazy. I’m so happy for Luke though, he’s living out his dream and he’s come such a long way to achieve it and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I mean, I really hate not seeing him and not being able to be with him but in the end it’s all worth it because I get to see him smile. Only another two years and I get to join him and the boys, I’m so so excited.” I smiled.

“It’s amazing, and my favourite thing about it is that it doesn’t really bother you at all like it would most girls, despite being away from him so often you’re still so supportive and in love with him and that really proves how strong of a relationship you two have. It’s awesome.” she complimented.

“I agree with you whole heartedly but hearing you say that makes me believe it so much more.” I admitted.

“So you’re seeing him next weekend right?” she asked.

“Yeah! I can’t wait. They’re playing a few shows here and he’s going to stop by a few times, I just wish we had more time to spend together in a way, but I don’t mind it that much, there’s really not much he can do about it.”

“Yeah, I understand. It sucks but all the same there’s not much that can be done about it.” she sighed.

——————

I was presenting my part of the class magazine that I had been assigned, and despite being extremely nervous as it counted for half of my grade in media I was beyond excited to present my final copy. 

I had worked harder than ever, wanting to get it just right.

Our teacher — Ms Aubrey was aware that everyone in the class had different interests, and that if we were each set a task which we would not particularly enjoy, our final results would not be as good as they potentially could be, and she wanted to bring out the best of our work.

So she came up with the idea of a magazine, and assigned each student a few pages for that element.

John got sport, Cara got fashion, Kiera got beauty, Kayden got movies, Wyatt got video games, Ava got advertisements, Oliver got news, Kate got books and I got music. 

I was ecstatic when I got the news.

In my few pages I had included an article on a small band so that they could receive recognition, music charts, a poster, and after receiving a sarcastic remark from Luke telling me to interview the band, I did just that. I included an ‘exclusive’ interview with the 5sos boys.