I'm Not Gay. I'm Just Jealous.

I'm Not Gay. I'm Just Jealous. (Dean)

We're dating now.

I glared down at my paper, trying and failing to see the words on it. I should be focusing on my test right now, trying to find the hidden message in this guy's story, but I couldn't, not when those words kept replaying over and over in my mind.

Boyfriend and boyfriend.

"You son of a bitch," I spat, jumping when I heard my teacher clear her throat. "Uh, sorry, Ms. James," I muttered, and she gave me a stern glare before glancing back down at her computer. Yeah, I'm sorry that we live in a world that's so shitty, I thought bitterly, circling a random letter before moving onto the next question.

What was the tone of the author's voice-

I just don't see why didn't Castiel tell me this last night when I was with him! I could've at least prepared myself. Or hell, even hearing it from Sam would've been a little better, but nooo. I had to hear it from that smug prick and see that stupid smile on his face, like he had beat me at something. That little piece of shi-

The bell rang and I grunted, circling random ass letters before I got up and tossed my paper on her desk. I was angry. Furious. Not just because Gabe was obviously rubbing it in my face, but because even after I told Sam that he could do better, he still goes and dates the guy! And what was up with this morning too? He acted like talking to me was the last thing he wanted to do.

Since when did I stop being the first thing?

"Woah, woah, easy there. You look like you're about to murder someone." I blinked, looking in front of me to see Castiel standing right there, head tilted to the side in concern. "You wanna talk about it-eek!" I tugged him inside the nearest bathroom, quickly looking under all the stalls to make sure it was empty before I turned to him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I snapped and he blinked, looking even more concerned now.

"About?"

"You know what I mean."

His cheeks flamed and he looked down, twiddling with his thumbs. "I..." I knew it. "Okay, so us making out again wasn't really necessary but it's just, ugh, it's been a really long time and you're a really good kisser and since you used me that first time, I figured I could use you as payback. And-and, please don't beat me up."

I blinked at him. What? "What?" I repeated out loud, and when he didn't say anything in response, I shook  my head. "No, I, look. I'm talking about Gabe and Sam. They're dating now."

"Wait, what?" His eyes widened in surprise. "Since when?"

I shrugged, running a hand through my hair with a sigh. "I was hoping you could tell me. I just found out this morning."

"Dean, I...I'm sorry, really. I didn't know-"

"I know that now. It's fine, man, I just..." I frowned, tugging at my hair a little before I peeked up at him. "I was hoping I'd get to him before Gabe did," I admitted honestly and Castiel gave me a sad smile, coming up and wrapping his small arms around me. "Uhhhh, what are you doing?"

"Hugging you," he murmured, head against my chest. "Shh shh, it's okay. Let it all out."

I laughed. "Oh my gods, you're worse than Sam," I chuckled, pushing him away and ignoring how his brows scrunched up in confusion. "Seriously though,"  I said softly, feeling my heart clench. "I can't believe I lost Sam to Gabe."

"They probably just started dating, Dean. I'm sure you have a chance-"

"No, I don't," I cut off. Because honestly? I wasn't sure I even had a chance with Sam in the first place. Sam was a great guy and he could do a lot better than me. Than anyone really. I shook away the thoughts, forcing a smile onto my face. No, no chick flick moments, Dean, I told myself, eyes focusing back onto Cas. What's done is done, and all you can do is be happy for him.

"So, let's talk about what you said earlier...you think I'm a good kisser?"

He punched my arm. "Assbutt."