20

Cristiano and I walked towards the backyard, knowing what he would say.

"I'm sorry about yesterday," he looked down. "It's fine, you didn't know I was dating James, it's not your fault." He looked at me in the eyes.

"But I know, I think I ruined mine and his friendship because of what happened," I sighed. "I want you guys to make up and be friends again." I looked him directly in the eyes. "I don't want this drama ruining all three of us and maybe also the whole team." I said. He looked at me and put his hand on my cheek. "And also," he paused. "I still love you," he whispered

*James' POV*

I was woken up by the door closing, figuring Gareth had left. I stood up and stretched noticing Cristiano and Chloe weren't there, I heard the backyard door open and then close. I walked over to the door and opened it slightly because the house and outside were dark.

"I still love you," was all I heard. "Cris, you know I love you too," she paused, I felt my heart shatter. "But only as a brother. I'm sorry, but my heart belongs to James." I smiled a little, but felt bad for Cristiano.

"So you're choosing him over me now, over all these years I've been helping you and staying by your side when your brother wasn't there for you, or hell anyone. I had feelings for you! I never moved on to another girl when me and Irina broke up because my eyes were always and only on you and my heart belonged to you. I waited for you everyday wondering when you're going to love me like how I love you. I just don't want it to be like this!" She looked at him surprised, "I never sai-" he interrupted her, "me or him?" He looked at her. My breath hitched, since I heard him from inside the house.

"I-I." She shut her mouth. "Don't make me choose."

"We can talk more about this tomorrow, I have to go." His voice cracked and his eyes were watery, "no Cris, I don't want it to end like this again. Can we just be frie-" he cut her off again. He walked and stopped, his back facing her.

"I'll leave you alone to make your mind up. You either lose me or keep me." He turned his head, "good night Chloe." He walked off and left.

She turned the pool that had lights in it, making the pool reflection bounce on her skin. She had tears in her eyes and cried silently.