ONE

KYLIE

Being that I was almost 18 and it being my last year of high school, I didn't expect to be transferred to another state. My mom felt like I needed a better opportunity and out of all places she chose Florida.

I was probably being dramatic, but I found it impossible for a girl like me to fit in around here. But with her being a single mother she took damn good care of me and my 4 year old sister, Kyla. My father had never been around.

Today was actually my first day of my new school and I was so nervous. I wasn't excited, though I've moved here almost weeks ago.

"Honey are you ready?" My mom yelled from downstairs. I finished dressing up and walked downstairs.

"Yes, I'm about to go now

"Yes, I'm about to go now." I said after I got done. I grabbed my bag and keys, giving her a hug.

"You look nice."

"Thanks."

"Kylie!" My little sister yelled running downstairs. I picked her up and hugged her tight.

"I'm dressed like you!" She exclaimed. I put her down and looked at her outfit.

"You look beautiful." I complimented. She hugged me again and ran back into her room. I walked out of the door and to my gorgeous car, a black Range Rover my dad got me a month ago, but he's still anonymous. I guess this is his way of making up for lost time. I drove off to this school, my hands slightly shaking from nervousness.

-

Once I got there I observed the school and found my locker. Once it closed I saw about four girls approaching me.

"You new here?" Two girls asked. I figured out their names were both AJ and Celeste who goes by kaitlyn.

"What's your name?" The other blonde asked.

"Kylie."

"Well hello Kylie. I'm Natalya, this is Layla." I smiled as she waved at me.

"Nice to meet you girls. I wasn't feeling this whole new school thing, still not." I chuckled.

"Well, with us being your friends you'll be fine." AJ assured me. I nodded, feeling my worries vanish.

The girls showed me around the school, describing everyone and what they did made me feel like I was in mean girls.

"Who are those girls?" I asked pointing in their direction.