Chapter 1

It's cold and dark. Maybe I should've worn a warmer coat? This one will have to do I guess. There's no way I'm going back to my stupid aunt. I shiver and look up to see if I knew where I was going. Luckily I saw a sign for an In-N-out. As I walk over, I pull out my money to see if I have enough for a small meal. I think I do. I walk inside and am greeted very nicely by the lady.

"Hey their sugar, you all by your lonesome tonight?" She asks. I nod. Hopefully she didn't notice the bump on my forehead from a couple of hours ago. "Alright, well there are plenty of booths to choose from if you like darling. Go pick one and I'll find you to take your order." She smiles and walks away. I didn't smile back, and I felt like such a bitch.

The place was rather empty except for these three guys in the booth at the opposite end and an old couple just by the door. I chose a booth in the middle of it and sat with my back to the couple. As I had just set my bag next to me, the waitress was standing next to the table.

"Alright, here's your menu." She places a menu in front of me. "And here's an ice pack for that bump you have." She was holding an ice pack and I take it and place it gingerly on my forehead. "Would you like any drinks to start off with?"

"Just a water for now please." I say.

"Ok honey, one water coming right up. You just sit tight." She smiles. This time I smile back and she walks away. Ok, my conscious is parcially cleared.

I start looking at the menu for the cheapest meal. Fortunately there was a breakfast for dinner special tonight well within my price range. Feeling a little better, I open my phone to see if my aunt is trying to reach me. She has. She texted me and called me. The last call was 10 minutes ago. I click it and listen to the voice-mail.

"Win, darling, come home please. You're making aunty worried and when she's worried she gets angry. You don't want me to be angry do you? Now, honey come home and we'll talk about what you did wrong. I love you."

It sickened me that she treated me like this. How could she have been related to my parents? They were so different. They were kind and nice people. My aunt was the devil spawn from hell.

"You're water dear." Says the waitress, placing a glass of water in front of me. I gulp away my sadness so she doesn't ask questions that I'm not in the mood tk answer. "Now, are you ready to order?"

"Yes. I'd like the dinner for breakfast special, please." I say. "With scrambled eggs, white toast, home fries and maple syrup."

"Alrighty, breakfast for dinner coming right up."

"Thank you." I say before she smiles and goes to tend to the elderly couple behind me.

As soon as I was sure she was out of earshot, I put my head in arms on the table and I start to cry, hopefully silently.

Seconds after, I hear footsteps coming towards me. Not girl footsteps, so I assumed it was the guys at the other side of the restaurant leaving. Then I heard the shuffling of leather as if someone had just sat across from me. I looked up and saw two guys sitting across from me and another guy sitting in a chair on the side of my table. My vision was blurry from my tears so I couldn't make out their faces.

"Are you ok, little girl?" Asks a voice I was all too familiar with. "Why are you crying?"

I rubbed my eyes because I needed to make sure. And my ears did not deceive. Tre Cool was staring into my eyes, his eyes full of concern. He was sitting in the chair at the side of my table. Across from me sat Billie Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt. Green Day was sitting at my table and were trying to console me. I was speechless but I knew I had to try and play it cool so they wouldn't think I was crazy. I sniffle a little.

"It's just, inside my restless soul my heart is dying." I say, finishing off the lyric he started.