Chapter 19

*Winnie's POV*

"Winnie, what are you doing?" Billie asked, confused as hell, pushing me away. He didn't seem angry though, just confused.

I could ask myself the same question. What was that? It was an impulse. Yeah, I've wanted to do that ever since I first heard him and seen him. But that was different. I was just a little fangirl. He's my friend. More than that, he's fucking 41 years old! And married! With two kids, one of which I kissed yesterday! I'm such a slut. I've been in love with Billie Joe Armstrong ever since I was 9, but I never would've done this. This is insane, this is stupid. This is fucking even more wrong than Joey and I. Way bigger age gap.

"I'm s-sorry. I-I don't know what came over me." I looked down and I could feel my face turn into a tomato. He was still kneeling there and I wish I could tell what he was thinking or at least ask him to leave. But I want to kiss him again. It only lasted for a second before and I wanted it to last longer. Dammit, Winnie, stop thinking like this.

"Winnie?" He was still confused. "Can you look at me?" Foolishly, I looked at him. "I told you never to be sorry. A girl like you shouldn't have to be sorry for anything."

Now it was my turn to be confused. A girl like me? What the hell was that supposed to mean? I didn't have time to think because before I knew it, his lips were on my again. It was a more meaningful kiss than the one I gave him and he was pushing so hard I thought my lips would bruise. But as soon as he did it, he pulled away and stood up.

"Goodbye Winnie, see you tonight." He said, closing the car door. I just stared at him, my mouth wide open.

"Why are you staring at him like that, Win?" Tre asked, causing me to jump. "Woah, sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

I turned around and Tre was sitting in the driver's seat, turning on the ignition.

"It's fine, just your daily dose of heart attack."I said, sarcastically. He laughed and we pulled out of the driveway. "So what did he mean when he said he'll see me tonight?"

"Tonight is Pritchard night. I probably should've mentioned it earlier. It's basically like Armstrong nights but at Mike's place."

"Cool. Can't wait."

We drove home in silence except for the faint sound of the radio. This gave me time to think about what had happened in the past couple of days and if they were good or not. First, my favorite band takes me under their care. Now I live with the Tre Cool in his amazing home and he's a fantastic human being, so loving and caring. Ok. Next, Joey kissed me. But the next day he says we should just be friends because I'm a minor and he doesn't know if he'll be able to control himself. I'm fine with that and I totally understand. No hard feelings. Thirdly, I reached a million points in Pac-Man. I've connected with my parents and now I'm sure they'll never fade from my memory. Finally but most definitely not least. Billie Joe Armstrong. At first I kissed him but then when I apologized he kissed me back but with...feeling? I mean, that's crazy. I can beat myself up over what I did but first let me question all of this. Why would he feel anything towards me besides friendship? He's 41 and I'm only 15. Like what even? Don't even get me started on the fact that I kissed his son the day before. Maybe he wants to talk about it at Mike's. Will I be able to? Will this even work? What is there to work, Winnie? Fuck.

"Earth to Winnie...earth to Winnie." Tre said, waving his hand in front of my face. Pulling me out of my thoughts, I looked at him. "We're home." He smiled and unbuckled his seat belt.

"Oh, sorry." I smiled back and unbuckled my own. I got out of the car and made my way inside, Tre close behind.

"Ok, so go upstairs and do whatever you need to do to get ready, we leave in an hour and half, and I'm wearing a red bow tie tonight."

"Hour and a half, wear something red. Got it."

He kissed my cheek then disappeared in the living room. I went upstairs and took a shower. When I finished, I went into my room and decided on what to wear. I decided on a red cardigan with white skinny jeans. Not to mention my black and white converse. Once again I decided to leave my hair in a ponytail and let it form one singular ringlet. I cleaned my glasses because they had spots all over them and then placed them on my face once again. Ah, clear vision is the best. When I was about to head downstairs, my phone buzzed.

Unknown: Hey it's Beej

Me: Hi?

Billie: We need to talk about today.

Me: You think?

Billie: Wow, you're even sarcastic over the phone lol

Me: What'd you expect...Caspar the friendly ghost? I am a teenager

Billie: ok, lol, I get it

Me: Stop trying to pull off 'lol'...you're old, not hip

Billie: ouch...hitting me right where it hurts

Me: i hope you don't mean your heart because at your age you're already at risk for a heart disease

Billie: ooh, shots fired...anyways I'll see you soon and then we can talk after dinner or something

Me: ok...see you soon

He's adorable when he's trying to be hip and cool. Winnie? You just called him adorable. I am like in love with him, he still is my favorite person on the planet. Well, now he is anyways, it used to be my dad.

"Texting Joey?" Tre asked when I stepped into the kitchen. "By the way you're smiling I'd think you are." I didn't even know I was smiling. I felt my face turn red and he started to laugh. "Well, I hope he told you he won't be there tonight."

"Why not?" I asked, a little relieved.

"Band practice. Since they didn't have it yesterday, they're having it tonight. He explained it to Mike when Billie was talking to you." Then he cocked his head to the side. "You sound relieved that he won't be there. Is something up?"

"Oh, it's just he doesn't want to start anything because he doesn't think he'll be able to control himself and he doesn't want to pressure me."

He came over and hugged me. "Aw, honey I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it doesn't matter. I just met him anyways. It'd be nice to just be friends."

"You're so smart." He squeezed tight for a second then let go. "Ready?" He held out his arm.

"Yep." I smiled and linked arms with him. "Let's go."