Chapter 17

*Tre's POV*

"Since when were they so chummy?" Billie asked as we made our way down to the music room.

"I don't know." I lied. I knew exactly when. After a lot of persuading, Winnie told me what happened before he left. She asked me not to tell Billie because it was technically illegal. I mean, Joey is 19 and she's only 16. I thought it was cute. I didn't care that there was an age difference, I just cared about how he would treat her due to the fact about who his father is. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. "Where's Mike?"

"He said he'll be here soon. He's bringing Estelle because I told her Winnie was here with Joey."

"Aw, Joe why'd you do that?"

"Why? What's wrong with Estelle?"

"Well, first of all, I think she likes Joey. Second of all, Winnie likes Joey. Estelle has a better chance with him because she's 18 and so it would crush her if they start to date."

He laughed but then looked at his phone. "Ok well apparently there's nothing to worry about because her friends caller her last minute to go shopping."

"Ok, good. I just want Winnie to be happy. She can live with a crush but being around your crush who's dating someone else is very heartbreaking. Especially since...nevermind."

"'Especially since' what Tre?"

"Nothing."

"Come on, Tre. Tell me."

"I promised I wouldn't."

Just then we heard screaming coming from upstairs. Billie and I exchanged worried glances and then made our way upstairs.

*Winnie's POV*

"Come on! You got this!" Joey cheered, holding onto my waist and resting his chin on my head. Considering how short his dad is, he was surprisingly tall. It was hot. "Left! Left!"

"I know! I know!" I yelled back. I had totally forgotten about what happened between us and I didn't care. I was really close. It took me less time to get this many points than it ever did before. I was already at 900 000 and I've only been playing for 20 minutes. Over the excitement, I heard footsteps clambering up the stairs. I pushed Joey away with my butt.

"Woah, Win, and I thought I'd pressure you." He joked.

"Shut up. Someone's coming." I whispered yelled. Sure enough, I heard the door slam open and two people ran in.

"What's up?! What's going on?!" Billie yelled. Oh no. Not again.

"Playing Pac-Man, I should've known." Tre said, coming up beside me. "You're really close kid. Don't stop."

"I won't. Not this time." I said, more to myself than him.

"I swear girl, you have an obsession with this game." Billie laughed and stood beside me, opposite of Tre. "Just as close as last time. It would be a shame if -"

"Dad, don't you dare." Joey interrupted him, pushing him away. "Seriously, I will throw you out of this room if you try and stop her."

"Relax, jeez. I was only kidding." He threw his hands up in surrender.

He walked away and I heard him sit on the couch and turn on the TV. Thank god. I was so close. I just had to eat this banana.

"I'm coming daddy." I said under my breath. Just around the corner...

"YOU DID IT!!!!!!" Tre exclaimed, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. He started dancing me around the room.

"I DID!!! I REALLY DID!!!"

"What'd you do, lose your mind?" Billie asked, grumpily.

"She reached a million dad." Joey answered as Tre set me down.

"Wooptydoo, Basil." He got up. "Come on Tre, Mike just pulled in." And he left.

Tre looked at me and shrugged. Then he hugged me. "Congrats kiddo."

"Thanks, Papa Cool." I pulled out of the hug. "Now go cool down the boy on fire."

He laughed and left the room but immediately re-entered and gave me another hug. "Don't do anything stupid to celebrate. No boys." He whispered in my ear. I giggled and he finally left, closing the door behind him.

As soon as he did, I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind me and pick me up.

"I knew you could do it, Winnie the Pooh." Joey said, slamming me on the couch playfully.

 I sat up. He sounded just like my dad just then. He called me Winnie the Pooh. My vision started to blur as my eyes started to fill up with tears, threatening to spill over.

"Woah, hey, are you ok? Did I slam you too hard?" Joey was immediately sitting next to me, his hands on my shoulders. "Winnie?" I couldn't hold it in anymore and I collapsed in his arms and started to cry in his shirt. He immediately wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug and rubbed my back. "Hey, shh...shh. What's wrong, Win? Why so many tears?"

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered. I pulled out of his arms and ran out of the game room. I wanted to stay and be comforted by him but I just couldn't. I ran downstairs, hearing him calling my name and his footsteps following me, and I ran right outside and locked myself in Tre's car where I broke down.

I miss him so much. He was my best friend. He was my dad. He was my Christopher Robin and I was his Winnie the Pooh.