Chapter 39

I went downstairs a few moments after Billie disappeared out the window. I went into the living room first and sure enough, I was right. Tre was sitting in the chair, examining his nails. I walked in a sat on the couch. He looked a me.

"Alright. Do you want to tell me what you want first or should I start with what Thomas told me?" He asked, sitting up a little.

"Can I go first and then just throw in snippets of his side of the story?" I retorted. He nodded. "Ok. Last night, when I went to bed, he came into my room and asked me if something was wrong. And then he went on about how I was a cry baby and how I should just move on. We went back and forth and then when I was backed up against the wall he kissed me. He told me he'd be in his room. As soon as he left, I closed my door and locked it. Then I just broke down." I looked at him. "Is this what he told you?"

"Besides the part after the door, you're stories are one and the same. Except his had a little more aggression and confusion towards you. He said he thought you wanted it."

"I didn't. Did he tell you why he thought that?"

"He said because he thought you were dating." I must've looked confused because he didn't give me a chance to reply. "He told me that when you were 12, he kissed you and told you that he loved you. He told me you said you loved him too and that you were great friends. Then you two hung out a lot right before he moved."

"I didn't think we were dating. I thought I made it clear that I loved him as a friend. Now that I think about it, I don't even know why. He was a garbage friend after he hit puberty."

"Well, he still thought you were dating even though you didn't talk to each other for 3 years."

"He never really understood feelings. In hindsight I should've been more clear."

"I would've taken the hint but that's just me." He chuckled.

"So fast forward to this morning, he came up to me in the kitchen while I was making coffee and said I was being selfish again because I made him wait up all night for me."

"Why did he say again?" Shit.

"I was making two coffees, neither of which were for him. They were both for me."

"Why in the world did you make two coffees for yourself?" I opened my mouth to speak but he spoke again. "Never mind. That's besides the point. Continue."

"He backed me up against the counter and kissed me again, more forceful than the last and so I pushed him off of me. Then I ran upstairs and you know the rest."

"Alright. Stories are the same. I'm sorry that I have to do this, but...I don't want that kid in my house again." I got up and sat on his lap to give him a hug.

"I couldn't ask for anything more, Tre." He chuckled. I pulled out of his hug and looked at his watch. It was 9am. "What do you want to do today, Papa Cool?"

"Well, I have a very special day plan for my kids, you and I."

"Tre, I don't want to intrude."

"You're not intruding. You're apart of the family. And besides, I'm not leaving you alone. It's either come with me or go house shopping with Billie and Mike."

"I love looking at houses!" I said, jumping off his lap. "Can I go with them?" He stood up and laughed.

"Sure, as long as you're not alone you can do whatever you want." I hugged him again.

"Thanks, Tre. I'm going to go get dressed."

"Alright, I'll call them and let them know what's up."

*Tre's POV*

She ran upstairs and I laughed to myself. She's so cute. I was a little hurt that she chose Billie and Mike over me, but hey she spends everyday with me. I dialed Billie's number and he picked up on the second ring.

"Sup Tre." He said.

"Hey Beej. I was wondering if you could -"

"Take Winnie with me and Mike? Yeah sure. I'll be over soon."

"Yeah, how did you know?"

"She just texted me. I'll go pick up Mike and I'll be right over."

"Alright, thanks Beej. And listen, if you let anything happen to her, I swear to god."

"Relax Tre. She'll be fine. We're only looking at houses."

"Ok. See you in a bit."

"Yeah, in a bit." And I hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and went into the kitchen where Ramona was sitting on her phone. She looked up and smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Ramona, go wake up your brother please. Day with Tre starts with breakfast at your guys' choice of restaurant."

"Is Winnie coming with us?" She asked.

"No she's spending the day with Mike and Billie who should be here soon. We leave as soon as they leave." She nodded and went to do as she was told.