Chapter 28

*Billie's POV*

"Yeah, alright." I answered. How could I say no to that face? Those puppy eyes are adorable.

"Thank you!" She exclaimed and threw herself into me. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back.

"You welcome. But if you're not ready to leave for the train station by the time I come here, I'm not going."

"Yes, I got it, thank you so much, Beej. You're the best."

"Yes I know." I let go of her. "Alright, I better get going before the Mrs gets worried."

"Alright." Tre said. We walked out into the foyer. "I'll see you in a few hours."

"Right. Bye guys."

I left the house and started my ignition when I realized I forgot my phone. I unbuckled my seat belt and was about to open the door when there was knock on my window. Winnie was standing there with my phone. I rolled down the window and she leaned in.

"You almost forgot this." She handed me my phone.

"Thanks babe."

"And when I said anything, I meant it. This means a lot to me." She leaned in further and kissed my cheek.

"Ok. I'll start thinking up something you can do for me. Hey are coming over with Tre?"

"I don't think so. I think I'm just going to stay in tonight."

"Ok." I kissed her and she stepped back. I pulled out of the driveway and drove away.

Who is this Thomas? Why is she so excited to see him? Did they have a relationship or something? I don't want him to come. But I don't want to seem controlling. I can't control her and I shouldn't be this way. I get so jealous and I don't know why. I just want to hold her forever and never let go. I want her to be mine. I don't even get this way with Adie. I never did.

"Welcome home Billie. I missed you last night." Adie said and kissed my cheek.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize I had gotten home and walked into my kitchen.

"Hey. Sorry, I guess I was just really tired and fell asleep."

"It's ok. You kept her safe right? That's all that matters."

"Yeah. Thanks for being so understanding." I kissed her forehead.

"Of course. Now I need you to be understanding."

"Of course. What is it?" She sat down on the couch and motioned for me to sit down as well. I did and now I was getting nervous.

"Ok. I don't know how to say this, so I'm going to come right out and say it." Her voice got serious. "I'm not happy anymore, Billie. And you don't seem to be either. Now listen, I want you to be happy because that will make me happy."

"I don't understand."

"Billie, honey, I want a divorce."

Excuse me? Did she just say that? Now I understand. Our marriage has been rough for a couple of years now. We don't spend a lot of time together and when we do, we fight about not spending time together. We even went to couple's therapy together. It didn't work so we stopped going last month.

"This is what will make you happy?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Ok. We'll hire a lawyer and get it done." I kissed your forehead. "It's probably for the best."

"Exactly." She paused for a second. "And Beej?"

"Yeah?"

"I still love you."

"I know, I love you too."

We stood up and hugged each other. This was probably the nicest break up I've ever been through. Bless her kind heart. This is good, for the both of us. We'll each get clean starts and she'll be happy. I'll give her the house and custody. I'll give a nice child support. Yeah, everything will be a-ok.

When we broke our hug, she went to go make lunch for when the guys arrive for practice. I made my way down to the music room when I bumped into Joey.

"Hey kid." I tousled his hair, even though he was taller than me.

"Don't do that dad." He said, annoyingly. "Why were you with Winnie last night?"

"I was keeping her company until Tre came home. She had a bad dream and asked me to lay with her and I guess I just fell asleep." I shrugged.

"Oh. Do you know if she's coming over today with Tre? She isn't answering any of my texts."

"No, she told me she was staying in tonight." I mentally smiled. No Winnie for you Joey.

"Oh. Ok."

"Joey, if you like her, you need to get over her. She's 3 years younger than you."

"Ew, dad. I don't like her like that. She's just a friend. I worry about her."

"She's a big girl and plus, Tre's got her."

"That makes me even more worried."

"Hey, Ramona and Frankito turned out fine didn't they? He's a great parent."

"Speaking of Ramona, is she coming tomorrow?"

"I don't know, Tre said he'd ask."

"Ok." And he walked into the kitchen. Not to hate on Joey, but how could she like him? He's so clingy.

In the music room, I got a text from Tre saying he'll be over in a few minutes and that he's bringing Mike. No Winnie though. That kind of bummed me out. It's not like we could do anything if she were coming. It would be kinda fun to jam with her.

Oh love, oh love

Won't you rain on me tonight?

Oh life, oh life

Please don't pass me by

Don't stop, don't stop

Don't stop when the red lights flash

Oh ride, free ride

Won't you take me close to you

"Wow, that's a good one. That should definitely go in the trilogy." Mike said, clapping next to Tre in the doorway.

"Thanks guys. Well, speaking of the trilogy, let's get to work." They nodded and picked up their instruments.