The Flashback

-Cady-

I tried to ignore them but I just couldn't. I couldn't stop the flashbacks, and I pushed Josh away from me and ran up the stairs trying to hold back the tears that were building up. I collapsed on my bed with tears rolling down my cheek. Josh clambered up the stairs and knocked on my door.

"Can I come in?"

"Yes"

He sat next to me on the bed and wrapped his arms around me

"Babe, I hate to see you upset, are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

I sat there in silence, not saying a word.

"If its because you think we are moving to fast, its fine you can tell me, I can leave if you want me to"

It went totally, and utterly, silent.

-Josh-

Why was she crying? Was it something I said or did? What happened? She didn't seem to want to talk about it, so the least I could do was comfort her. I laid there next to her cuddling her. Her sobbing didn't seem to stop for ages. But eventually they faded away and she sat up to face me.

"I'm so sorry"

"Babe, there is nothing to be sorry about"

She collapsed her head into my chest and whispered

"It's not your fault, its just something that happened to me a while ago"

"Even if you don't want to tell me now, I want you to know you can tell me anything, you can trust me, I promise"

-Cady-

I wanted to tell him, I really did. But I have never told anyone this before, and I met Josh less than a week ago, was it really the right thing to do? I sat up and looked straight into his eyes. I was going to tell him.

"A few months ago I had a boyfriend, Luke. He went out one evening with his mates, and came back totally drunk, his breath smelt so bad and he was walking into stuff, knocking the photo frames off the wall and the vases of the table everything smashing into pieces. He walked over to me and pinned me up to the wall kissing me. I told him I didn't want him in my house like this and he slapped me. He started to kiss me again and I tried to pull away but he had hold of my wrists and wouldn't let go. He started to really hurt me and the ring on his right hand was scratching my arm. I kicked him in the leg really hard to get away from him. But he punched me and I fell onto the stairs. He must have knocked me out because when I woke up he was gone but is all of his things were still there, I was so scared so I ran over to my friend Taylor's house and stayed there the night to calm down. I came back home the next day and Luke was sat in his armchair watching the football, totally sober. He asked me where I had been and I told him I was at Taylor's and he walked up to me. He started shouting at me saying that I should have been at home because that's where I belonged and that I was a bitch. I started to get really scared and he raised his fists at me. I covered my face with my hands, but he punched me in the stomach. I left him the next day, packed my bags, everything. I moved in with Taylor for a bit"

Tears started rolling down my cheeks again and my head fell onto Josh's chest.

"Oh my gosh, Cady, I'm so sorry. I would never do anything like that to you. That man deserves to be locked up! Its okay Cady, I will stay here with you for as long as you want me to"

-Josh-

I couldn't believe anyone would put someone through that, what Cady had to suffer was awful. I wanted to make sure that she knew I would never do that. Cady had stopped crying so I gently laid her down on her bed and pulled her duvet over her, I was about to leave the room to go and sleep on the sofa, I wanted to give her some privacy and space. I opened the door and she murmured something,

"Josh? Where are you going?"

"I was going to give you some privacy"

"No Josh, stay here, with me"

I closed the door again and pulled my jeans and top off, I climbed into the opposite side of the bed and put my arms around Cady's waist.