FIFTY

FIFTY

As the light started to dim, all Ashley could see was a figure of Light. It was the size of a large elephant, yet, it was more human figured, with great wings of pure Light, so pure they were were almost invisible.

Everyone froze as the being of Light spoke in a voice sweeter than honey, more motherly than a mother, and in the most terrifying voice you could have ever heard. "Stop!"

The voice wasn't too feminine, yet, neither was it male. And as it spread it's pure wings of Light, Ashley managed to count six. Six wings of pure Light.

"Sire," Ltiradon said, falling to his knee, spreading his wings. The other Archangel's did the same, even Dtiroya managed to yank away and do the same, and in her surprise, Ashley let her. Ashley felt her vampyre's want to see, but even she was battling the urge to give her neck in surrender. Her vampyre's wouldn't have a chance because the sight of him...

"No! Damon!" Spirit's many yet no voices reached her, and Ashley spun in time to see Damon teleport to her side.

And it was then that, the moment she saw his black tipped with bloody red wing in her vision, that Dtiroya struck. Her blade, summoning it so that the blade pointed towards Damon, Dtiroya stood in a fluid motion that kept her bowing to the Light.

Damon yelled out as the Archangel's blade slid into his skin like hot butter. Pain. Pure pain. Her mate was in agony. All colours changed to one colour, and one colour alone. Red. Red was all Ashley saw. With a strength that surprised her, Ashley sunk her fangs into Dtiroya's neck as she clawed at the Archangel's back where her wings swept out proudly, not even a moment later the Archangel was screaming in her own agony as Ashley silenced her by ripping her head from her shoulders and her wings from her back. Dtiroya's body tried to heal itself but Ashley clawed at the Archangel's chest, ripping out the still beating heart.

A power touched Ashley then. A power that was too close to Damon. In a spin, Ashley launched herself at the being. It was only after her fangs had sunk into the flesh that she froze. The Light. She just bitten the Light.

As the light disappeared from Ktirow's eyes and the scene before him became clearer. He blinked. The original's mate had been stabbed, was falling to the ground with a face of absolute agony covering his features. Dtitoya's body... or what was left of her body was scattered. And with her head, heart, and wings in different area's, Ktirow knew that the Archangel of Destruction would never wake. Then there was Ashley. His and Htirifve's daughter. Who had her fangs sunk deep into the Light's chest. Her scaly wings where in tight against her body. And she was frozen.

Movement happened then as wolves, horses, hounds, vampyre's, dracan, and Ktirow's other son rushed over to Ashley's mate. One of the dracan touched a female and then with his bare hand touched the new angel, giving him strength as my son, Ravin, pulled out the Archangel's blade.

Feeling a power rage around the forest, Ktirow was shook back into action as the trees shook with rage from the Light. None had ever dared touch him before. And here was Ashley biting him. Her fangs in his chest.

A another light flashed. And before even he knew what he was doing, Ktirow threw the vial at Ashley. It smashed against her back. The liquid from inside sticking to her skin, seeping into her through her scales. And then the flash of light formed a sword, it plunged into Ashley as she ripped her fangs out of the Light's chest, yelling out in her own pain, joining the others in the chorus of agony due to the liquid.

Her scream was echoed by thousands. Vampyre's, dracan, any who was connected to Ashley, dropped like flies. The Light dropped Ashley's form.

"Leave this world to rot," the Light commanded all Archangel's in a voice of rage, before he disappeared himself.

All the Archangel's did as told, disappearing into light before leaving this world behind.

Only Ktirow and Htrifve remained. They stayed to morn over their children, and in effect, their grandchildren and could have been son, Ashley's mate.

They stayed, Htirifve with tears, a sight not seen from an Archangel. They stayed until the moon was high in the sky, grieving with how quick death was brought. Knowing that without these creature's, who now laid dead, that this world would become nothing.

The two remaining Archangel's left with pain in their hearts. Sorrow in their eyes. Knowing that they could do nothing, knowing that, while it may take centuries, that this world was going to die. And there was nothing they could do about it.

THE END

Vote? Comment? Thanks!

__________ 

Thanks again for reading! I hope you enjoyed! :)

This was the first full out novel I ever wrote!

There is going to be a complete new rewrite called the Daywalker series. The first is going to be called Just One Bite.

The rewrite is going to cut out the parts that aren't needed and thread in new parts to deepen the story and make the characters more interesting along with focusing more so on the characters relationships. The Fourth part needs major fixing and will be redone when I get to it :)

Any ideas on how I can improve this story!? :)

Again, thank you all who read / voted / commented on this story!

OmegaMine