Four: Plan

Ethan's P.O.V.

I look around for Loreen. I feel so protective of her now and I don't know why. She is so hurt and I don't like it. I can't stand it. I keep looking around for her. I know where her locker is so I decide to go there and see if she is there. 

I walk down the hallway and I can see that she is there. I just know it is her. I can tell by the way she holds herself. Her back is facing me. I could just talk to her in Mr. Howard's or Mrs. Kalairy's but I just have the need to talk to her now. 

I walk over to her locker. She has her hood up. Maybe she wants to be left alone. I tap her shoulder and she turns. Her face has a HUGE bruise. 

What. The. Fuck.

Loreen's P.O.V. 

His smile fades away until he looks pissed. 

"Who did this to you? Do I even need to ask? Was it him?" He asks quietly. He actually cares. My heart skips a beat. But I have to lie to him and my heart feels heavy. 

"No. It wasn't him. I got into a fight with some girl yesterday on my way to the store. Nothing big," I lie. 

"You're lying to me. Tell me the truth, please. Loreen, tell me the truth," he says to me, begging me. 

I have to get to class. And that is exactly what I tell him. 

Ethan's P.O.V. 

I need to talk to someone. I see Grayson and I wave him over. I talk to him about the whole thing. He looks at me and asks, "Wait, wait, wait. The rumors are true?" he says almost like he already knows that they are.

"Yes, man. Listen. She is in danger and we need to make a plan to help. I don't know what yet. I am going to invite her over again to work on the project tonight."

"Looks like Ethan is falling in love," Grayson teases me. 

"Shut your face," I say and walk to class. 

                                                                   *                  *                  *

Loreen's P.O.V. 

" I want you guys to work on your projects at home. Today we are going to be talking together as a class," Mrs. Kalairy tells us. "Put everything away. Today, we are going to be talking about what interests you, as students, the most. What do you think we, as a school, should do better? What do you think about the education system? What do you guys think?" Yeah, fuck off. 

I zone out after a while and look up to see Ethan staring at me. He gets up and walks over to my seat. He passes me a notebook with something written on it. A pen is attached. He leans back. 

Ethan wrote: So, I need you to come after again today. I am having some problems. 

I write back: Yeah. I can. I will be at your house around 4:00. 

Ethan: I'm not taking you?

Me: Nah. I know where you live now so I will be there are 4. And yes. 

Ethan: Yes what? 

Me: You were right this morning. I'm sorry. I can't get used to telling people things and it will take a while. I just hope you stay around that long. See ya at 4. 

Ethan read it and looked at me. He looked pissed and I don't know what to say. He takes my hand under the table gently and rubs his thumb in circles. It makes my stomach flutter and a chill go down my spine making me shiver. 

The bell rings about 40 minutes later and I start to walk home. I soon get home. I check to see if my father is home and he isn't. I send a quick thank you to God and leave a note. 

         Dear Father, 

                         I left to go get some groceries. I took the bus to town. I should be home around 6:30. 

         see you then.

                                  -Loreen

I head out the door and walk to Ethan's house. Once I get there, I head up to Ethan's room. I can hear talking inside and I open the door. I see Ethan. Grayson, and the bitch. I will never forgive her. I would rather let myself burn in acid then to ever speak to her again. This bitch is the one who started telling everyone about me and was the only friend I had ever had. Or should I say 'friend'. 

Emily. 

*Quick lil' note*

Everything just changed. 

What do my readers think? 

VOTE! 

Here is the EOCP