Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

ROSE

I still remember that one sentence he said that sent me running away with Tyson. And I still remember it clearly.. It was a wet, rainy, Tuesday morning, and Dimitri and I were having a fight. Tyson had been a month old, and his eyes were still closed. Tyson, he had both of our features, tan skin, and dark brown hair. Tyson was still in his room, sleeping peacefully in his crib. I don't know how the fight started, but soon, we were throwing cuss words at each other. Tyson had always been a good sleeper, so he didn't wake up.

"Rose, I can't believe you let that Strigoi go just like that!" Dimitri shouted as he threw his hands in the air.

I flinched. He didn't even ask me my part of the story, and there he was, screaming at me.

"Dimitri! Calm the fuck down! Do you want to wake up the baby?!?!" I exclaimed.

"Who gives a damn shit! That Strigoi could've killed Lissa!"

"Well, I saved her just in time! And our baby isn't shit!" I screamed. How dare he called our- my baby shit!?

"That was too close." He hissed.

I have never seen him so angry before. Sure, the Strigoi could've killed Lissa, but he didn't! I was expecting to come home with Dimitri happily, not like this! Why is he being such a bitch?! Lissa hadn't been killed, it was close, but she didn't get killed. Is he on fucking drugs?

"Why are you being like this?!?!" I demanded.

"Why are you such a crappy guardian? We should get Lissa a new guardian first thing tomorrow. You're worthless, Rose, you can never think about logic. And you're always so impulsive." Dimitri retorted.

I looks at him in shock. I have been training to be a really guardian when I grow up, and here he was, accusing me, his wife of being a horrible guardian. Tears started streaming out, I hated it when I cried. It wouldn't have an effect on me if other people started saying that about me, but hearing this, right out of my very own husband's very own mouth, I couldn't keep it in.

"I'm going to sleep." I growled while tears were spilling.

I marched right up to our bedroom and locked the door. He could sleep in the guest room today.

I'm going to leave him tomorrow, I'm going to run away with my son. I thought as I fell into a deep sleep.

And the next morning after the argument, I packed up all I needed all and left.

I carried Tyson down the stairs along with our luggage and left that place.

I sighed at that memory. I missed him so much. Our fight was stupid. I miss his presence, and just being around him. But this was reality, and I had to live in reality.