Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21

TYSON

The worst kinds of goodbyes were the ones that you didn't even get to say goodbye to. It was sad, and it was well, just very very depressing. Teresa and I had been dating for almost two years now and it hurt me to lose her. My heart ached for her every single second of the way.

When my mom said that my life would be full of danger, I didn't believe her. There were wards and guardians everywhere and my mom feels really sorry for Teresa's parents. They trusted her one hundred percent, and well, you know. I feel really guilty for leaving them. I know I sound like the worst son, but my heart and brain is set on finding Teresa and killing the Strigoi that took her away from me.

Not only has my mom feel all those bad things like guilt and worry, I have left her, and now she has this another big weight on her shoulder. It's wearing her down. She doesn't deserve any of this and I will make her proud of me someday. My mom understands me better than any one else so she knows how I'm feeling right now; weak and helpless.

I took the pocketknife out and stood a few feet away from the door as I waited for the murderers to step through. But one question remained. Why didn't they come to my room? I had my own space so it would've been easy to kill me; why hadn't they come in? I could've been easily defeated since I was so into the book I was reading. This is confusing.

I had waited for a few minutes already posed and ready for any threat but nobody came. I heard absolutely zero footsteps. I walked back to retrieve my things. And that was when my door was knocked off too. I was taken off guard and he punched me in the back of my head. It didn't hurt, not one bit.

I turned around with speed and punched him back, he stumbled a few steps back and with my speed, I kicked him in the stomach, and knocked him off my feet. He pinched the side of his head and he was unconscious.

The windows cracked and some even exploded. In seconds, I was surrounded by six men, all of them without weapons. How the hell did they kill the other people then?

"So, is this the scrub that knocked out boss unconscious?" The first guy said while licking his lips.

"Dude, it's obvious. Poor Benjamin." The second guy said.

"Shut up, Raymond, no one gives a shit about your comments," the first guy sneered.

"Everybody does, Anthony, you can see that. Right, guys?" The guy, who was obviously Raymond looked around him and people nodded uneasily.

"Can you just shut up?" Anthony groaned.

"No," Raymond chirped happily.

"You really should, before I rip our your brain." Anthony threatened.

"You can't do that, my brain is protected by the skull," Raymond grinned.

Anthony didn't reply, he was obviously embarrassed, but at last he said,"Let's just take care of him." As he leaped for me.

I kicked him in the stomach as he leaped towards me and flipped him over. Not a very skilled fighter, I see. Murmur started as they saw how Anthony was easily beaten.

Raymond looked around frantically as he shouted,"Kill him!"

All five men ran towards me who was across from them as I charged the first one easily and cut the second with my pocketknife. I kicked the third one and tossed him aside. I punched the fifth one, which was Raymond, and his black framed glasses broke.

Raymond shrieked,"He brought my glasses!" Then he glared at me,"You are going to die today."

I grinned,"You wish" as I kicked him and tossed him out one of the train windows. He landed with a ooph as he landed in the snow.