Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

ROSE

Now I'm living in our apartment in downtown. It's usually loud, but we got used to it. Whenever I'm bored, I would sit down and think of all the things me and Dimitri went through. Now that I think of it, the argument seemed like a small thing.

Maybe I could go back to Dimitri. I thought. Maybe he'll accept me and Tyson. I have always missed him, and I have always wanted to touch him again.. But I had to snap back to reality. This is not a fantasy. None of my wishes would come true with just a snap of my fingers.

Oh. And Tyson.. I think he already has a girlfriend.. If we leave and leave her behind, I know he will hate me.. I decided to wait for him to come back home and find out. If he has a girlfriend, we'll stay, if he doesn't, we leave and go back. Good plan, I guess.

Hours passed, and I glanced at the clock. 5:30 p.m. Where was he? Was he hurt? Why didn't he call to tell me that he'll be a little late? I decided to call him. I called him, and he picked up. Don't blame me for being an over protective mom.

"Hullo, mom?" He said.

"Tyson. Where are you?" I tried really hard not to scream in his face.

He tried to reassure me,"I'm coming home right now, mom, don't worry."

"You better hurry."

"Okay mom, love you"

"Bye honey, hurry up and be safe." I reminded him for the fifth time today.

And with that, he hung up. 15 minutes later, he came home. Good.

"Hi mom! I'm home!" He said as he walk over to hug me.

I hugged him back. We have something we would call "Mother and son love".

"Honey, I need to tell you something. Do you know your dad?" I asked.

His expression suddenly turned dark, "Of course I do. What's going on?" He had always thought of Dimitri as some kind of devil, I guess. Or maybe even Satan. He hated Dimitri. He knew I had run away, and he knew that Dimitri had hurt me.

"Well, do you want to go back to your dad?" I asked gently.

"No! I thought we were were happy here.. I met some great friends, even some Moroi friends! And I even found a girlfriend!"

"Well, okay.. I just wanted to ask you, if you change your mind, tell me, okay?"

"Mom.. Do you miss da- Dimitri?" His expression turned soft.

" I think so. I don't know. But I want you to be happy. Therefore, we are staying." I smiled.

He saw my expression and said,"No, mom, I want to be a guardian, and I would want to go to the school you and dad went to."

"Well.. Okay. You sure about it though? I mean, your life will be really different and things wont be as normal and peaceful as it is right now. You will always be in danger. If you really want to go, tell me. Just think it through." I told him.

I really think that Tyson would be in danger at all times, and I really don't want him to live through the pain and problems that I had dealt with when I was in the Academy.

"I don't care mom, I want to be as strong and brave as you." He said.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Go do your homework."

"Oh.. Okay..." Obviously taken back by my homework comment.

"But what about your girlfriend?" I asked suddenly.