Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Teresa

What was this, the second wave of Strigoi? How many were left? I wanted to burn them to crisp. I wanted to kill them, until there were no more Strigoi left in the whole entire world. I hated them so much. They attacked my family when I was little and young. They killed my aunts, uncles, cousins, only my dad, mom and I survived. I wanted to avenge them. I wanted to kill.

After Rose and Dimitri went outside to kill the Strigoi, I automatically stood up. I walked over to a door where four Guardians were standing and asked them if I could go outside.

"Of course not. You are to be seated." One Guardian said.

"But I have combat magic. Two, actually." I protested.

"No. We have to follow our orders to protect you guys."

"I can protect myself! You guys did nothing for me back there. I had to fight the Strigoi myself. And there were five. I burned them until they were ashes."

"That was five, there's hundreds out there."

"I don't give a shit. Let me go outside!" I shouted.

"No! Go sit back down or I'll have to drag you back." He threatened.

"Bitch."

"You know what? Do you want to see what's going on outside? How much Strigoi there are?" He asked.

"Sure."

He led me into a door, leading to the auditorium balcony, and he let me have look. I gasped. There was blood everywhere, from the walls, to the floors. The Strigoi were closing in on us. They knew where all the students are kept. The Guardians were backing up. How much Guardians were there? I counted. Only 25, with thousands of Strigoi.

"Now do you see what will happen of you go outside?" He asked.

"Yeah. Sure."

I made two huge fireballs and mixed them up. It made blue fire. The Guardian next to me gasped. I smirked at him, then threw it at the crowds of Strigoi. It practically burned up a dozen of Strigoi, since it was so big. I got tired immediately, but I didn't show it.

"See what I mean? The Guardians need my- the Moroi's help!" I said.

"I know, I know." Then he went back inside and rounded up the Moroi that have already learned their powers. Next, he led us up to this watchtower where we could shoot. Sadly, there was only 26 Moroi. Tyson wasn't here, since he sucked at his powers so bad, but his "friend" was here. Se smiled at me and I looked away. Were they dating? No. That couldn't be it. I shook my head. I needed to focus on Strigoi, not Tyson. I made fireballs and threw it randomly into the crowds of Strigoi.

The battle started. More blood spattered. More bodies fell. More people died. It was a horror to see. We're just too young to experience death, but it's good too. We will get used to it. We would become bad-ass fighters.

Air-users choked the Strigoi while the Guardians staked them. Earth-users made holes on the ground for Strigoi to trip in, just to wear them down. Water-users also drowned them. And us fire-users burned them up. I could tell the Guardians were tired already. They slowed down. After about 20 minutes, the Moroi had just begun to feel tired.

We decided to divide into two groups. The first group using magic while the second group rested and waited for their turns. The first group would fight for 15 minutes, then the second group would. We would keep rotating.

After the fifth round of rotating, the Strigoi still hadn't back down yet. I could see endless rows of Strigoi, and I could only see about 20 Dhampirs still standing.