Sweet Home Chicago

Camilla

They won. They actually did it. Not going to lie, after that Davis home run I felt like the life was sucked out of me. I mean that was huge for them. Then I remembered who we were talking about here and figured they'll be fine. And now they're World Series champions. I don't think it's sunk in yet. We arrive home about 7 am, no one slept considering the game didn't end till 1 am Ohio time and there were interviews and celebrations to be had. For some stupid reason they let Anthony keep the trophy and somehow I get the honor of hauling the big thing around. Once we get off the bus we get in the car and both let out a long breath.

"I'm so tired" I yawn.

"Me too. But there's one stop we need to make" he says before pulling out.

We arrive at Mr. Maxwells apartment and a smile comes across my face. I love that he keeps to his word and remembered his promise.

"Seriously" I ask and he nods.

"I made a promise and I'm going to keep it" he assures me. We make our way to his apartment and I knock on the door. Cameron answers and nearly drops to his knees when he sees it was us with the trophy.

"I'm here to give you the rest of your birthday present" Anthony smiles.

"By all means, come in. Do you guys want some coffee" he asks.

"No thank you. As soon as we leave we're planning to go to sleep" I assure him. Anthony places the trophy on the counter and Mr. Maxwell circles it.

"I've waited my whole life for this. Ninety four years I've been waiting for this" he says touching it. I watch everything unfold with a huge smile on my face. It was his dream for the Cubs to win the World Series and now the trophy sat in his living room.

"Thank you Anthony, not only for bringing this but always giving me something to cheer for" he says softly.

"Thanks for always being not only a great fan but a great guy. You took care of Cam here before I did and that means a lot to me" he replies. We talk for a little and he takes pictures with the trophy before we head home.

I get home and am met with a very happy Cubbie who I've missed so much.

"Hey boy, have you been good for aunt Bri" I ask even though he can't really answer. I pick him up as he licks my face.

"Someone's happy you're home" Anthony laughs patting his head.

"Well I need a nap so this home coming party will need a short break" I laugh heading to our room. I fall onto the bed over dramatically and he follows suit. After a while we cuddle under the blankets and just lay there.

"So we have the parade tomorrow then fly to New York for SNL then fly to Cali for Jimmy Fallon" he thinks out loud.

"That sounds like a lot of fun" I mumble half awake. He starts stroking my hair before I fall into a deep sleep in his arms.

-----------------------------------

I wake up around six and slip out of bed to make dinner. I decide on mac and cheese with chicken so I start on that. I play music lowly and hum to whatever pandora has in store for me.

"I like this song" Anthony says coming into the kitchen and placing himself on the island.

"It's a good song" I giggle as he dances atop the counter. I finish making dinner and make our plates.

"I think we should eat up here. I'm comfy" he claims and I shrug. Why not? I climb up there with him before letting out a long groan.

"What's wrong" he asks.

"I forgot our drinks" I laugh and he hops down to pour us a glass of wine and rejoins me on the counter.

"So how is you're first meal as a world champion" I ask and he acts like he's thinking up a answer.

"I feel great. Plus this is delicious" he smiles.

"Glad you think so" I laugh. We continue to eat and talk while sitting on the island. Cubbie was really upset he couldn't beg for food properly but dad made sure he was still able to give him food. After we finish we clean up and head to the couch. We turn on sports center where we listen to them try to perceive what that game was last night.

"It still doesn't feel real, this feels like a huge dream" he says.

"Every day with you feels like a dream" I admit.

"What do you mean" he asks as I let out a sigh.

"Like it's all too good to be true. I mean... I've drawn up happiness such as this one a million times but didn't think I could ever be this happy. But right now... all I can think about is how much you mean to me and how much we've accomplished together already. It doesn't seem real" I explain.

"It's real. Our relationship runs purely on love and that why we feel like we need each other so much. When they tied up the game last night, all I wanted was to have you by my side. And when I finally did I felt as if the moment was perfect. Sure, there's no such thing as perfect but you couldn't have told me that last night with that ball in my pocket and you in my arms" he replies.

"See... when you say things like that. That's what makes it feel too good to be true" I laugh.

"It's not. I promise" he says kissing my temple. Cubbie jumps up in my lap and makes himself comfortable.

"I love you boy, but what happens when you get too big for this" I wonder.

"We get a bigger couch" Anthony suggests causing me to laugh.

"That's another problem for another day. Right now lets just enjoy this moment" I say.