Chapter 7

Josh woke up from his alarm clock. He groaned and stretched out. He turned his alarm clock off and rubbed his eyes with a small smile. He got dressed and raced downstairs. His mum had made pancakes for breakfast, but he was in a rush. When she wasn't looking, he quickly shoved some inside a plastic bag and put it in his schoolbag. "Bye mum!" He yelled as he kissed her cheek and ran out of the door. He had to pick up Tyler so he wouldn't sleep in. He smiled as he ran through the rain, he liked the rain. The cold wet drops of water dampened his hair and moisturized his face.

After around five minutes of running, he arrived at Tyler's house, panting. He fixed his hair and rang the doorbell. Tyler's dad opened the door, he seemed stressed out. "Hello, sir, I'm here to pick up Tyler, is he awake yet?" Josh asked cheerfully. Tyler's dad shook his head and Josh noticed the tears in his eyes. "Tyler.. isn't here.." He said. Josh frowned. "What do you mean?" Tyler's dad looked down and his shoulders started shaking. "H-He got mad yesterday.. A-And I can't find him anywhere.." Josh's thoughts went everywhere, he just hoped the worst case scenario wouldn't be true. Josh ran up the stairs and into Tyler's room. The room was empty, but on the bed was his black notebook. Josh picked it up and flicked through the pages. Most of them were song lyrics Tyler had written himself, but on the last pages were dark circles and lines draw and in fat black letters was written 'SAVE ME' 

"I've got two faces

Blurry's the one I'm not

I've got two faces

Blurry's the one I'm not

I need your help to

Take him out

I need your help to

Take him out.." 

Tyler took the rope and tied it around a big branch. This was for the best. If he ended his life now, he wouldn't be able to hurt anyone anymore. His dad, who'd tried his best for his family.. Josh, who tried to help Tyler get better... And just everyone else that he bothered by just existing. He pitied the person that would find him. What would they do? Would they scream? Cry? Laugh? Tyler knew enough people that would love if he'd die. He smiled softly. He'd finally be free from Blurry, and other people would be free from him. He stepped onto the log of wood underneath the tree and looked down. This was it. He put the rope over his head, around his throat and closed his eyes. "Goodbye.." He whispered into the empty forest. 

Josh was running as fast as he could, branches hit his face and his feet were starting to hurt. But he didn't care. He had to save Tyler. Josh's life had been the same all his life. He had a few friends and got along fairly well with his family. His life was boring. But Tyler had brought action in his life. And Josh didn't want to go back to his boring self. He wanted to help Tyler, make him better, and happy. But he wouldn't be able to if he was too late. Of course he couldn't be sure if Tyler actually was doing what Josh thought he was doing, but he couldn't risk losing Tyler. 

Josh heard a thump and his eyes widened. He saw Tyler. His legs were moving and his hands were doing what they were supposed to do. But his mind wasn't there. He picked up the knife lying on the ground and cut the rope desperately fast. Once Tyler was freed from his fate, he held onto Josh tightly, he was shaking all over. Tears were rolling down his cheeks. Josh tried to calm him down but it was no use. Tyler was whispering words that Josh couldn't make out. "Tyler.." Josh whispered, but he didn't respond. "Tyler.." Josh lifted Tyler's chin. "Tyler, look at me." Tyler's eyes seemed distant and he was pulling at his hair. Josh took Tyler's hands and held them. "Tyler. Tyler, please.. It's going to be okay.." Tyler shook his head, his breathing was unsteady. Josh rubbed his back, he had no idea what else he could do to help Tyler. "H-He'll be back, and make me hurt more people . I-I want this to be over, Josh.." Josh shook his head. "Tyler.. I will stay with you and get you through this. I'll make sure He won't make you hurt anyone anymore. That's a promise. I care about you. I will make you happy." Tyler shook his head and backed away from Josh. "Y-you can't! You can't make me happy, nobody can! Look at my fucking screen, I am broken and you can't fix me!" Josh stared at Tyler, helplessly. Tyler couldn't be happy.. Or he just believed he couldn't.. "Tyler.." Josh whispered. He carefully stepped a bit closer. "You don't think so.. But I know that I can get you to be happy again.. To smile.. I-I love your smile, Tyler.. I want to see it more often.. Please let me help you.." Tyler looked at Josh with a hesitating, scared look. He really didn't want to hurt anyone ever again. "Blurry only comes when you're angry or upset.. So I'll make sure you won't be angry or upset anymore." Tyler put his hands down by his sides. "I-I.. I'm scared, Josh.. I'm really scared." Josh smiled weakly and stepped forward. "That's okay.." He took Tyler in his arms. "Because so am I." 

"Dear dad,

I did some unforgivable things yesterday. And not just yesterday. I keep doing unforgivable stuff. I don't expect you to forgive me. Not at all. But I don't want it to happen again. Blurry is gone for now. But i know it'll only be a matter of time before he makes me hurt someone again.

I'm sorry.

I'm going  to stay with Josh for a while.. 

I won't hurt you anymore.

Love, Tyler"