Chapter 9

"Thank you Josh.. For today.. I actually had fun.." Tyler said softly, smiling at Josh. They were laying on Josh's bed, staring at the ceiling. His parents weren't home because they were on their second honeymoon, so it was just Josh and Tyler. "I'm glad you had fun.." Josh smiled back. Blurry hadn't shown up today and Josh was proud of himself. He'd managed to make Tyler smile. For real. "I don't want to go home tomorrow.." Tyler whispered. Josh looked at Tyler. He looked really beautiful in the faint moonlight that was coming through the window. "Than stay.."    Josh answered. He didn't want Tyler to leave. Tyler nodded and yawned. He hesitantly cuddled up to Josh. Josh blushed and wrapped his arms around Tyler. Josh's screen lit up, showing a small red heart. He blushed more. He was so embarrassed. "I wish my screen worked right now.." Tyler whispered. "Because I'm sure it would show exactly the same right now." Josh smiled and didn't know what to say. Unlike Tyler, Josh was a rather cheerful person. It didn't take much to make him happy. Just seeing a cute puppy brought a smile onto his face. But seeing Tyler smile, and hearing him say what he said, made him 1000 times happier than when he saw a cute puppy. It made him feel something he hadn't felt before. "Tyler..?" Josh whispered. He looked at Tyler but he'd drifted off into a deep sleep. Josh smiled and kissed Tyler's head softly. "Sweet dreams.." He whispered, falling asleep himself soon after.

Josh's alarm clock went off and he groaned. Why had he even set one? He turned it off and looked at Tyler, who was still sleeping peacefully. He closed his eyes. He could easily skip another day.. It was Friday so he wouldn't have any important classes anyway. Josh put his phone away and smiled. Tyler was fast asleep. Josh started drifting off too. Nothing important today.. Nothing important... Josh shot up in bed. Today was Friday, he was supposed to hold a presentation with his project group. He got up, quick and quiet. Tyler didn't move an inch. Good. Josh grabbed some clothes that were laying around his room and put them on. He could go to school, hold the presentation and come back.  Tyler would hopefully still be asleep when he returned. He considered leaving a note but decided not to. He'd be back before Tyler could notice. 

Tyler woke up and rubbed his eyes. He felt.. refreshed? The sleep had done him good. The bags under his eyes weren't as bad as before and his migraine was less as well. A smile made it's way up to Tyler's face. A real smile. Yesterday had been amazing. Josh had been so nice to him. He wished every day could be like yesterday. But he knew that wasn't possible. Today was a normal day again. Well, not really. He probably wouldn't go to school.. It was Friday anyway. "Josh..." He whispered, turning to face Josh. But Josh wasn't there. Tyler panicked slightly. Josh wasn't there. Where was he? Where could he be? He got up carefully and looked around. Josh wasn't in his room. There wasn't a note on the bedside table. Tyler sighed and rubbed his eyes. Maybe he just.. Went out to get breakfast.. Yeah that must be it. He managed to convince himself and walked downstairs into the kitchen. He was starving. He forgot the fact that he thought Josh was getting breakfast, and made himself a bowl of cereal. Josh would be back. He was sure of it. He just had to stay in Josh's house.. All alone.. Until he was back. Tyler ate his cereal in silence. It was deadly quiet in the house. Maybe he could write a song whilst he waited for Josh. That was a good idea. Writing would help him get through the time without Josh. It was fine.. Tyler walked back to Josh's room and found an empty notebook. He started writing in it. He didn't want to admit it.. But it seemed to be about Josh again.

'We don't believe what's on TV,

Because it's what we want to see,

And what we want, we know we can't believe,

We have all learned to kill our dreams.

I need to know that when I fail you'll still be here,

'Cause if you stick around I'll sing you pretty sounds,

And we'll make money selling your hair.

I don't care what's in your hair,

I just wanna know what's on your mind,

I used to say, 'I wanna die before I'm old,'

But because of you I might think twice."

Tyler put the notebook down and looked at the clock. Josh had Been gone for a long time already..  He got up and heard a voice calling out his name softly. "J-Josh?" He whispered. No reply. He heard it again. But it seemed to come from inside of his head. He got up and walked to the bathroom. The voice had told him to do so. He started at his own reflection.. Or what he thought was his own reflection. It had red eyes and its neck was black. So were its hands. Tyler looked down at his hands but saw nothing. That wasn't his reflection.. It was Blurry.. "Did you really think I was gone..?" Tyler's eyes widened and he shook his head. "N-no.. Please don't.." His hands were shaking. He closed his eyes and counted to ten. He opened them again and looked into the mirror. "P-Please go away.." He whispered, scared. He thought he had finally gotten rid of Blurry.. Blurry laughed and Tyler punched the mirror. The mirror shattered, pieces fell to the ground and the wall started bleeding black as Blurry stepped out. He held Tyler's face in his hands and laughed. "You'll never get rid of me, you idiot! I will never leave you alone, and Josh will never be able to make you happy! You'll spend your life in fear of me for as long as you'll live.. And there's no one who can do anything about it.. Not you, not Josh, not anyone.."