Chapter One ~ Prologue

~Third~

"It's a girl!"a doctor exclaimed over the cries of the newborn baby girl, the mother panted in exhaustion and leaned back in relaxation, after hours, 22 hours to be exact, of delivery she had finally brought her daughter to the world, the father was in a stunned awe as his hand was being wrapped from being crushed as the nurses cleaned the baby girl.

After the baby was cleaned she was given to her mother who held her with a gentle smile on her face, the father put his arm around his lovers shoulder looking down at his daughter in his wife's arms.

"What's her name?"the doctor asked "Umiko" the mother said, the heartbeat on her heart monitor slowing down, the father frowned hearing that "Oh sweety don't frown, we both knew i wouldn't make it"the mother said smiling at her lover as her heart rate kept slowing down, she handed the baby girl to the father who held her gently in his arms.

"You promise me to keep her safe alright?"the mother asked, the father nodded and the mother smiled "Good"she said before closing her eyes as the monitor flat lined, the father bit his lip swallowing a lump as the baby girl cried, he managed to calm her down as the staff took the now dead mother away.

After a day or so of observing if the baby was healthy enough, the father was allowed to leave with his daughter,  tugging the baby inside his coat the father then left, holding the baby tightly but not too tightly jumping from tree branch to tree branch.

The father looked at his daughter snuggled into his chest sleeping peacefully, he knew there was only one place where she would be safe, he wished he could of kept her and watch her grow up but where he's going it won't be safe, as much as he didn't want to let her go he had to.

After a week of traveling the father had finally arrived in his destination, sighing he looked at his daughter hidden in his cloak cooing in wonder looking around the small space, taking off his cloak he wrapped it around his daughter, he also put a scroll in the bundle and a necklace wrapped around the scroll, he placed his daughter at the gates gently kissing her head before disappearing, Umiko began crying as soon as her father left.

Izumo and Kotetsu were opening the gates to Konoha as usual when Kotetsu heard something "Do you hear that?"he asked his partner, Izumo then started listening and also heard something "Sounds like a baby crying"he said, Kotetsu nodded in agreement, the two opened the gates and saw a bundle.

Walking over the bundle they saw that inside there really was a baby and they weren't just hearing things, Kotetsu picked the baby up and rocked her in his arms making the baby stop crying while Izumo looked at the scroll that was with her, it had some jutsu on it that prevented him from opening it, so he then turned to the necklace that was wrapped on the scroll.

The necklace had a simple leather strap and an odd shark shaped pendant with Umiko written on the back "We should report this to the Hokage"he said, Kotetsu nodded in agreement and the two teleported to the hokage's office.

The hokage was being his usual pervy self watching girls bathe from the crystal ball he had when there was a knock on the door, quickly deactivating the crystal ball he said "Come in" Izumo and Kotetsu walked in, Kotetsu was still holding the baby Umiko.

"Kotetsu, Izumo and who is this?"the hokage asked pointing to the sleeping Umiko "We don't know sir, we found her at the gates, crying"Kotetsu said "We think she was abandoned, there was this scroll and this necklace with her"Izumo said holding the scroll and necklace up.

The hokage examined the scroll and the necklace and hummed, "Leave her to me you two, get back to work"the hokage said, Kotetsu gave hokage the baby and left going back to the gates and to their work.

The hokage held Umiko wondering what he should do with her, then an idea struck him, he called in Kakashi Hatake, while waiting he tickled Umiko smiling as she giggled "Hey there i'm Hiruzen, your hokage but you can call me grampa"he said, Umiko laughed tugging at his beard.

The hokage laughed as Umiko tugged at his beard when there was a knock on the door "Come in"he called and Kakashi stepped inside "Kakashi, i want you to take care of this orphan"he said, Kakashi was absolutely stunned, he couldn't say no to the hokage so he just nodded.

The hokage handed Umiko to Kakashi and gave him the scroll and necklace and some money, "Good luck i expect to see her at the academy in five years"the hokage said waving them off as Kakashi went to his apartment carrying Umiko.

Kakashi bought some baby stuff like a crib and a monitor, diapers, formula and a toy, the toy was a toy shark but it wasn't scary at all if anything it was cute so he bought it thinking it fit the necklace he had put in his pocket for now, he took the stuff in a scroll to his apartment.

He put the things he bought in a free corner in his room putting Umiko in the crib with her new toy, smiling as she cuddled the toy, he then went to make food for himself and just relax for the rest of the day, well that was his plan before Umiko began crying.

Sighing he went to check on what was wrong and from the smell he could guess what it was, changing her diaper was disgusting but he did it anyway no matter how gross it was so now thanks to the hokage Kakashi was now a single father but damn it he was determined to raise Umiko the best he could, he had no idea why but he had already bonded with the baby girl, life was gonna be though but he was going to do it and succeed.