Chapter Twenty ~ Eh

~Umiko~

"You have some nerve running off like that, do you have any idea how worried i was?" Neji lectured me upon my return to the village, as i had though he's both angry and worried, Guy had taken Sasuke to the hospital but enough about that "I'm not gonna say i know how worried you were, that's an impossibility, you can't possibly know how someone else feels no matter how close you are, that said, i'm sorry i ran off without saying anything, i won't do it again"i said and looked straight at him.

Neji sighed after a while "It's fine, it's just something both of us have to get used to if we continue to be ninja"he said and i nodded, i think he's insinuating one of us should quit, more likely me, as if i'm don't plan on quitting in a long time, anyway with that resolved we went for sushi.

~skip~

It's been a full week since then and word around town is that Naruto has come back with the fifth hokage Tsunade, Neji and i were training in the woods, well i was just sitting there enjoying a bag of chips Choji got for me cause he knows i like trying new things and that includes new chip flavors like this one that i was really enjoying.

Anyway Neji was testing out where his Byakugan blind spot was as well as his range, Tenten came running over and told us lady Tsunade had returned and asked if we wanted to see her, Neji didn't really want to but i did but i also wanted to stay with Neji a bit longer so i also declined.

"Umiko why don't you go on ahead i know you want to see the new hokage"Neji said after Tenten left "Well i know you'll be fine on your own but what if i say i want to spend more time with you?"i asked "We can go on a date later"he said "Alright"i muttered and kissed his cheek before leaving.

I decided to check in on Sasuke and Kakashi before going to the inauguration ceremony, Sasuke was up and he and Naruto were in deep conversation i smirked a bit watching them willingly kiss before going to check on Kakashi, he was up too but had the rest of the day on bed rest, i decided to tell him that Neji and i were dating, he was happy for me but gave the usual dad lecture, i rolled my eyes a bit and left after a while of chatting.

I also decided to visit Lee "No one will hold it against you if you give up being a shinobi"i heard, i hid and listened in "But you're not serious, you're exaggerating right lady Tsunade?"i heard Guy ask "His injuries have left numerous bone fragments in his spinal column, it's a miracle he can still move at all, he's physically incapable of carrying out the duties of a shinobi"a woman, i'll assume Tsunade said.

"Is this some kind of test right? You don't really mean that?"Guy asked "Even if i were able to operate" Tsunade was cut off by Guy yelling out "Don't listen to her Lee, that's not Lady Tsunade it's an impostor, it's some kind of demon that transformed itself to look like her, who are you? What do you want?"he asked.

"So i have no chance? It is hopeless?"i could barely hear Lee as he whispered this in disbelief "No one but me could even attempt the operation, even with my skills the risk would be enormous"Tsunade said "What risks?"Guy asked "The chance of success is fifty fifty at best and if it fails, he'll die"Tsunade said, i frowned and walked off.

The next day i stood next to Naruto at the inauguration ceremony for Tsunade to become hokage "I saw Sasuke and you kissing"i told him straightforwardly, he blushed "That was just a test, yeah! It meant nothing!"he yelled still blushing, i smirked "Then why are you blushing?"i asked "Just shut up!"he yelled at me, i giggled a bit "You know it's not that i don't support it, i think you two would be a great couple actually, it's just more fun teasing you"i said.

Naruto pouted and turned away blushing "What about you and Neji huh?"he asked, i turned to him "What about Neji and me?"i asked completely straight faced "Well aren't you two together? Or something?"he asked turning to me"Yes" i simply said, he blinked confused "How come you're so nonchalant about it?"he asked.

I flicked his forehead "I'm a shinobi dummy, you can't show emotion in a battle if the enemy was to discover a relationship between two parties they are obviously going to take one of them hostage, well at least try to and to avoid this it's better to take as many separate missions as possible"i said "I think i get it"Naruto said even though he was clearly still confused, i just rolled my eyes and decided not to bother explaining it to him.

Later that day i happened to run into Lee on a walk "You should be taking it easy you know" I told him "I know but i have too much to think about, a walk has always helped me clear my head"he said "I heard what Tsunade told you"i said "You did?"he asked surprised, i nodded "To be honest it's been on my mind too though i'm not exactly in the same situation it's made me think about uncertainty"i said.

"What do you mean?"Lee asked "I've been thinking about how you can never know what might happen next, like missions you can never know what might happen even on a lame D-rank mission, i thought about the uncertainty of relationship like you can't know if they will last forever or just until the next day, you won't know if you'll live or die, until you take that leap of faith"i told him.

"A leap of faith?"Lee asked seemingly inspired, i smiled as i nodded "Anyway whatever you decide is up to you alone, good luck Lee"i smiled again waving back to him as i walked past him and to my house where i dug up an old scroll, the one i was found with, it was sealed with a sort of blood seal so i pricked my finger and opened it.

 There was a letter at the start from Kisame with the whole dear Umiko i'm your father yada yada spheel, what really caught my interested was at the end, instructions on reverse summoning, having no clue where it would take me i decided to put it in the back of my mind for now, then spent the rest of the day practicing my jutsu.