Blue Daisys

Daisy and I strolled through Route 2, observing the local Pokémon and some of the trainers in the area. A boy with a net was running around, trying to catch a green Pokémon within it. A large mass of trees was located at the end of the path. 

Viridian Forest was beyond this quaint area. It was infamous for its labyrinthine paths and numerous Pokémon capable of inflicting poison. I remembered that my mom would sometimes tell scary stories about what lurked within the forest.

"You know Red," Daisy seemed to recall. "Blue insisted on going into Viridian Forest to deliver something to Pewter City one time, and he got completely lost! He was stuck in there for the whole day until a search party managed to find him and bring him home." The girl held up a map of Kanto. "Fortunately, I go into things prepared."

I smiled at the thought of the teenager getting some comeuppance for his hubris. I had to wonder where he got his ego from, Daisy was his polar opposite. It didn't make sense to me that they were siblings. 

"As long as we follow this, we should get through Pewter City by the end of the day!" Daisy informed me. I signed to her that I fully trusted her navigation skills, and the girl laughed. "You better, or else!"

Once we're there, I'll be able to take on the gym! I thought excitedly. Brock could be a challenge due to his sturdy Pokémon, but I had two Pokémon on my team with the type advantage. 

We walked into the forest, and it became noticeably more humid. Trees surrounded us on all ends, with a few small paths being forged between the large trees. The dirt paths seemed to branch off into the darkness of the forest, with light being partially blocked out by the tall oaks.

I saw Bug-Type Pokémon everywhere and bug catchers chasing them in between the trees and brush. The forest was full of greenery as far as the eye could see. There were also the sounds of all types of bug Pokémon rattling through the forest. 

I couldn't see the exit through all the bramble, just multiple paths and signs. I was extremely happy that I had Daisy with me upon facing this area. 

Bulbasaur went up to some of the plants and tried to touch them, only to be scared by a bug Pokémon bursting from the brush. I decided to return Pikachu and Bulbasaur for the time being so I didn't have to keep track of them.

"This seems like the perfect place for Venonat!" Daisy threw her Poké Ball in the air. In a flash of light, the Bug-Type Pokémon appeared before us.

"Veno! Venonat!" She yelled cheerfully.

"Alright let's go, we have to take a left first!" Daisy started down the left path and into the natural labyrinth. The girl buried her head in the map and I trailed after her. 

After about thirty minutes of walking, backtracking, fighting off bug catchers who wanted to catch Venonat, and referencing the few signs in the area. Daisy finally realized she had gotten us hopelessly lost.

"Oh come on! How can we be lost?" My friend exclaimed. "I followed this map perfectly!"

I asked Daisy when she'd gotten the map, and the girl furrowed her brow. "It's an official map. They've never been wrong before. Eugh, what do we do!" We were located at a fork in the road, one we had come across three times before.

"Well well well, if it isn't that little kid and dear old Daisy." A voice that was all too familiar said. Both of our heads turned to see Blue standing on one of the paths.

He had his trademark smug grin on his face as he sauntered over to us. He had a Poké Ball in his left hand. Looks like he wants a fight. I began running through potential strategies to best the trainer.