Cruising Down to Fuchsia

Daisy sighed, but I was excited to see the boy again. Now we could finally have our rematch. "What do you want, Blue?"

Blue scoffed. "What, I can't say hi to my baby sister? It's been so long since you last saw me, after all."

"That didn't work when you said it last time," Daisy reminded him. "And you aren't fooling me now, either. I ran into some of your friends, Blue. Yellow and Bill say hello."

The boy's eyes widened. "You talked to Yellow about me? Wh-what did she say?"

Daisy raised an eyebrow. "Not much. Why, scared she'll tell some embarrassing stories?"

"Oh shut up, Daisy." Blue snapped. "Let's just drop it. You want to know why I'm here? I'm taking the boat to Olivine. I need to take care of some errands before getting my last badge."

Last badge. So, Blue now had seven badges. Just like Yellow. I went up to Blue and held up a Poké Ball. "What do you want?" I pointed at it, and the boy sighed. "Really, kid?"

Daisy crossed her arms. "You promised you'd battle him, Blue. It's only fair."

"Fine," Blue huffed. "Let's make this quick. I want to battle a real trainer."

Huh? What's that supposed to mean? I wondered.

Blue started walking over to the pool. Fortunately, nobody was in the mood to swim. "This'll hopefully be a good warm-up before I smack down Solus."

Daisy raised an eyebrow. "Someone's cocky, huh? You think you're going to be able to beat him?"

Blue nodded. "Actually, I do. Solus has no idea what he's doing, he's full of himself and needs to be knocked down a peg. Total egomaniac doesn't realize how a defeat is right under his nose."

We decided to let the dramatic irony sit as Blue sent out his Pokémon. A Seadra burst from his Poké Ball and landed in the pool. The Pokémon had a blue body and resembled a seahorse. It looked angry and much less peaceful than a seahorse, however.

This must have been the evolved form of the Horsea that had beaten Daisy. It was going to be a water battle, and I would need to coordinate with my Pokémon to avoid getting beaten by Seadra's visibility control.

Squirtle it's your time to shine! I sent out Squirtle and he dove into the pool. Squirtle faced down the opposing Pokémon and grinned, eager to get a rematch against Blue. Here we go! We've got this!

"Seadra use Dragon Pulse!" A purple ball began to form at Seadra's mouth and he unleashed a purple beam that surged through the water. Squirtle use Rapid Spin! Squirtle retreated into his shell and dashed out of the way of the beam, then he raced forward and slammed into Seadra.

It was nice to see that he hadn't forgotten what we learned when battling Misty. Squirtle, use Water Pulse! Squirtle fired a ball of water through the pool, which slammed into Seadra. Keep it up! Get in close and use Bite! Squirtle swam forward and bit down onto Seadra.

Squirtle suddenly let go of the seahorse and began to shudder. Purple energy surged through his body, and the turtle seemed to have been poisoned.

Blue grinned. "Poison Point got you! Now use Smokescreen!" Seadra unleashed a spray of smoke that consumed the entire pool. Squirtle, get out of the water! Quick!

Squirtle jumped out of the water and into the air. Squirtle then unleashed a white beam on the water, freezing it over. My Pokémon landed on the frozen layer, grinning proudly.

"You better get out of there Seadra! Make 'em pay!" Blue stomped on the ground. His sunglasses had slipped down to his nose and I could see the frustration in his eyes.