Prepare for a Fight Fight Fight

We stopped in at the Pokémon Center to get my team healed and then made plans for venturing into Mount Moon. "It's a pretty rough place, but this time my map should be accurate." Daisy squinted at the map in her hand, trying to find any inaccuracies. "The real issue will be how dark it is in there."

I didn't love not being able to see. It made it difficult for me to communicate with others. I reminded Daisy that Charmander could provide us with some light, and hopefully, there would be other trainers who could point us in the right direction.

Daisy and I walked out of the Pokémon Center and departed from Pewter City. Then, we set off for Mount Moon. The route in between the city and the mountain was loaded with trainers and ledges as the terrain grew rocky.

We weaved between the paths after getting through a few battles, seeing the large mountain get closer and closer. Stones towered over us on both sides, and I felt a bit trapped.

Eventually, we arrived at the entrance to Mount Moon.

"Alright Red, are ya ready for Mount Moon?" Daisy asked me and I nodded. We had gotten our Pokémon healed, and now all that was left was to enter the dungeon. As we walked towards the entrance of the mountain, I saw a group of police officers standing in front of the exit.

"Stay together, and try not to get caught in the darkness. They could be dangerous, and we need to be on guard." One of the officers said to the others.

"Alright, Growlithe let's go!" All four officers sent out red canines and prepared to head inside.

Daisy and I shared a confused look. "Uhhh, what's going on here?" Daisy asked them.

One of the officers glanced at us. "Oh, hello there. We've received reports of Team Rocket members attacking trainers and stealing their Pokémon. There are even rumors that the boss was in the area." One of the officers explained.

Team Rocket. The criminal organization that had been terrorizing Kanto for the last three years. Despite the best efforts of trainers and police, they couldn't effectively fight back against the crime syndicate. They stole Pokémon, harassed people, committed crimes, and seemed to always be moving in the shadows to sow destruction in Kanto.

"Oh, maybe we can help?" Daisy suggested. I jumped a bit. My mother had explicitly asked me not to get into trouble, and Team Rocket wasn't supposed to be messed with by kids like us.

"No, you're just children." One of the officers immediately replied. I felt a bit of relief at the shutdown. "These are dangerous criminals. Nobody is being allowed into Mount Moon until we clear out the area."

"Oh ok..." Daisy sighed and we walked away. "Guess we'll have to wait." The officers and their Pokémon ran into the cave, being consumed by the darkness.

Daisy then glanced at me and a smile started to form on her face. "Now that they're gone, we can sneak right in!" My eyes widened and I shook my head. "Come on! Don't you want to help out?"

I signed to her how this was really dangerous, and that we should stay out of it. Daisy's eyes rolled and she glanced at the cave. "Listen, you can do whatever you want. But... I'm not going to let Team Rocket have their way with this place."

Daisy seemed determined, and I didn't want her to go in alone. I begrudgingly nodded and Daisy grinned, we walked into the entrance of the mountain. The darkness was sudden and unsettling. Sounds were echoing through the cavern, and the air felt cold and moist.

I sent out Charmander and his flame made things within a close range visible. The lizard stumbled around at my feet, seemingly irritated by having to walk into the darkness.