Giovanni.

Red's POV

I clung to Charizard as we soared over the region., the wind had picked up so I clutched my hat in my hand.

I saw Cerulean City not far from us now. After being knocked unconscious by Petrel, I had been inundated with more images of Cerulean Cave.

Rogue Two had come up again as well. MissingNo had said that name to me. He asked me to set it free, whatever that meant.

I wasn't sure what it all meant, but it seemed like we were about to get some answers. Charizard dove towards the city and flew across the river. The flaming lizard landed at the entrance to the cave, we hopped off and I returned him.

"This is it. We finally get to meet Team Rocket's leader." Daisy mused. "I wonder what he's like."

We strolled into the cave, immediately getting hit with a wave of damp air. I shivered as I walked through it. Purple rocks were scattered all around the floor. The only source of light were the fluorescent bulbs dangling from the roof of the cave.

I notice a man made path carved out from the stones. This is weird. I thought this cave was off limits...

The ground sloped downward, and we began to descend. Machines stuck out of the walls and random parts of the floor was replaced with metal.

"Maybe this is why," Daisy mumbled. "Isn't this where Yellow found Mewtwo?"

I nodded. That's right! Maybe it was here for a reason? We weren't getting any answers while walking down the path.

At the end of the path was a metal door that was shut tight. When I tried pressing the button to open it nothing happened. I noticed a flash of red from the darkness next to me.

"What was that?" Daisy wondered. I looked over at the source of the light. In the darkness, I made out the shape of a Persian setting on the stone. I reached out a hand and tentatively touched the statue, it was made of stone.

I heard the pounding of footsteps on the other side of the door and stepped back from the statue, I clutched a Poké Ball in my hand and Daisy did the same.

The door burst opened and five Team Rocket grunts swarmed out.

They sized us up, and then seemed to back down.

"So it's those kids that caught all the admins?" One of the grunts said.

"If they beat all the admins, then no way am I fighting a battle I can't win!" Another grunt said. He ran for the cave's exit.

"Me too!" Another piped up.

"Same!"

"Agreed!" Three more grunts ran out of the cave.

"Wait for me, guys!" The last one shouted and he dashed after them.

Daisy and I chuckled at the display. "Guess word's gotten around. Let's get going." The door had been left open, allowing us to walk inside.

The door led to a flight of stairs leading down into the darkness. The lone light bulb flickered on and off, partially lighting the path.