And Make it Celadouble!

Daisy and I strolled out of Saffron City, and were immediately faced with the entrance to Celadon City. From one city to another, we traveled to our destination.

Several buildings lined the colorful city. Apartment buildings rose high into the air, and a massive orange store immediately grabbed my attention. Slate bricks lined the roads, reflecting the light from the sky back into the city. The entire city seemed to shine.

There were numerous colorful plants all along the bounds of the city, and I noticed a fountain in a central part of town where numerous trainers had gathered. There was something quaint about the city, despite its size.

I glanced down the road at the Pokémon Casino. We wouldn't be allowed in there, but I had no interest in checking it out. I wasn't sure where exactly to find the gym though.

"Wow, this place is huge!" Daisy awed, spinning around in place. "I had no idea it was such a beautiful part of Kanto!"

I watched my friend's green eyes light up and couldn't hide my smile. A warm breeze blew through the city and everything felt as though it was at peace. She seemed so happy, and I missed seeing that from her.

She glanced at me. "You alright, Red?" I nodded and signed to her that I was just thinking. Daisy started to chuckle. "You always are. Alright, where should we go first?"I suggested the Department Store, and we went into the large building.

As I stepped inside I was taken aback by how large the store was. There were half a dozen floors to check out, each filled with shelves lined with products. The store was full of shoppers getting various items, and I noticed multiple Pokémon mulling about.

I wanted to check out the TMs, so Daisy and I made our way to the second floor. I looked at some of the options, but nothing really jumped out to me. While I was browsing one of the shelves, I heard two trainers chatting. "I got the TM for Ice Beam from some girl on the roof. Just had to beat her in a weird game."

"Really? They're pretty rare," The other trainer replied. "Dunno why someone would be giving them out."

I got Daisy's attention and pulled her into the elevator. It took us up several floors, and I explained what I had heard to Daisy. "That's definitely... interesting."

The doors opened and we ran up the final staircase, getting onto the roof. There, a girl with short hair was sitting at a table. She was slouched in her seat, playing with some tinted discs. The girl noticed us and sat up. "Welcome! Welcome! Here to play? The winner gets a TM of their choosing!"

"How do we play?" Daisy asked.

A grin crossed the young girl's face. She seemed to be two years younger than us. "Excellent question. It's simple, how it works. You have to keep track of a rock here, while I shuffle it around." She gestured to a small pebble and then placed three cups on the table.

We sat down. This seemed simple enough. There had to be some sort of trick to it, so I began to narrow my eyes. "Why are you running something like this? Do you get something if you win?"

The girl rolled her eyes. "Don't worry about it, it's just for fun!"

Daisy raised an eyebrow. "Who are you?"

"Name's Ally," She replied, getting frustrated. "Let's play!" She slammed the cup over the stone and began to move. Her movements were fast, and it was hard for me to keep track of them. There seemed to be something making her movements blurry. What's going on here? The girl jolted, and then I saw the stone go flying under the middle cup.

She came to a stop, and I pointed at it. "Nice try, but-" Ally lifted the cup and her eyes widened. "What? How?"

Daisy narrowed her eyes. "Why're you so surprised?"